REVIEW: Miriam Quevedo Mediterraneum Extreme Caviar Special Hair Loss Shampoo

Hello everyone.

I just finished my latest shampoo and I decided to give it a review. The shampoo is Miriam Quevedo Mediterraneum Extreme Caviar Special Hair Loss Shampoo. I actually bought this shampoo at Shins here in Malaysia for RM95 of approximately 30 USD for 250ml. I know I know, this is the most expensive shampoo I have ever invested in. I felt the guilt right after I stepped out from the shop. And I kept saying to myself, "did I just bought a super-expensive-not-under-my-budget shampoo?" LOL. I told you I am easily influenced although most of my reviews gave a very specific details because I am particular on the things I used. I didn't know why I even bought this shampoo because I never heard of the brand before. And this is the first time I have ever heard of "Caviar". Noob much. So since I just finished my shampoo, I still own the bottle. Here are photos.

Miriam Quevedo Mediterraneum Extreme Caviar Special Hair Loss Shampoo

Claims and ingredients

I don't have severe hair loss but my hair started to fall rapidly since I used Tresemme Salon Silk, reviewed from my previous post. My hair is everywhere, from the toilet to under my table to on my bed. Its just so irritating to see them all. I never had severe hair fall until I used Tresemme and I was super petrified that I might get bald someday. Man I am still young. So I decided to window shopping (literally) to find a good hair fall shampoo...and I decided to purchase it right away. LOL.  Here are the claims:

"Special preparation formulated with caviar for washing of the weak hair and prone to the hair loss. It gives them new vigour and extreme strength.

Active ingredients: Trace elements, Soy Isoflavons, L-Arginine, Multi-vitamin Complex 10 Vitamins, based on coconut and olive oil, quartenized protein of Keratin and Collagen and it is enriched with Caviar"

Ingredients: Aqua (water), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamide DEA, Cocamicopropyl Betaine, Caviar Extract, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Glycol Distearate, Stearamide MEA, Retinyl Palmitate, Panthenol, Inositol, Hydrolized Keratin, Bitoin, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Manganese Chloride, Calcium Chloride, Cupric Sulfate, Magnesium Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Riboflavin, Zinc Acetate, Ferric Chloride, Polyquaternium-10, Niacinamide, Arginine, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Sodium Chloride, Coco-Glucoside, Cetrimonium Chloride, Propylene Glycol, Glyceryl Oleate, PEG-55, Propylene Glycol Oleate, Quaternium-80, Methylisothiazolinone, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Citric Acid, Parfum (Fragrance), Linalool, Benzyl Salicylate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Cinnamyl Alcohol, Citronellol, Hexyl Cinnamal, D-Limonene, CI 16255, CI 28440, CI 19140

Fiuh. The ingredients are very long. Like so manyyyyy. So back to the review. The bottle is a tall slightly transparent navy colored bottle with a twist cap, and to open it, I have to twist it anti-clockwise vice versa. Here are the photos:

Closed

Open

The shampoo will come out from the small hole in the middle. The texture of the shampoo is rather runny than normal shampoo. I can say it is lighter in consistency and it is slightly transparent. It is pinkish nude in color with a hint of pearly highlight. Here how it looks like:

Texture

I actually lift my hand just slightly 20 degrees vertically and it is already started to drip. The scent is flowery scent but I can also say that it smells like medicine or something? It is not what I prefer and the scent stays on my hair even if my hair dries up. I found out that this shampoo does not stop my hair from hair fall. It does not increase hair fall either. Its just reduce it but not significant. I bought only the shampoo since I couldn't afford the conditioner which of course, costs a lot higher than the shampoo. During my first wash, my hair gets frizzy and it is very tangled. I didn't use any conditioner so I accept the tangle as it is but I do spread my favorite hair serum afterwards on my damp hair and it does not work either. At first I was so frustrated with my hair condition but I decided to keep calm and keep using it. After few washes, I found out that my hair can tolerate with it and it is not tangled that much anymore - though it does not improve my hair fall condition still. And you know what, the good result came a few washes before the shampoo finished. I used it for two months - wash once daily. Throughout the two months, my hair didn't get any better and the hair fall continues. By the end of the bottle, my hair started to feel so manageable and smooth. Hair fall still maintains but it is so nice and shiny in a good way. I think the good things in the shampoo precipitate? I don't know but that's the logic answer I can conclude.

My ratings:

Effectiveness: ★★☆☆☆ (it does not do what it actually claimed - to reduce hair fall)

Bottle: ★★★★★ (super sexy and elegant. It looks expensive too)

Price: ★☆☆☆☆ (expensive like -____________-" and it does not do what it claimed)

Long term effect: ★★★★☆ (I did not repurchase since I can no longer afford it and I decided to use organic shampoo now but with the results I experienced by the end of the bottle shows that it does work but takes a very long while)

Overall, if you can afford it, I recommend this shampoo for those who wants volume and shine on their hair. Do not expect it to reduce hair fall and do not expect it to smell like fairytale. LOL. It does not cause me dandruff and split ends for a plus. I actually enjoyed using it but of course, as a student, it is very pricey. I hope this review helps!

Regards

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Disclaimer

All of my reviews are from my honest and genuine personal opinions and based on my skin condition. Some older posts have no watermark until I understand the necessity to put one. I am not responsible for any opposite feedback of usage and please do seek advice from dermatologists. I bought all the products using my own money and I am not paid nor have anything to do with the brands reviewed unless stated.

It's me

Malaysian lady. I review beauty products and this blog made as a hobby. For reference purpose, I have combination to oily skin and I am living in a hot and humid country, Malaysia. Ignore my grammar and typo. Do email me for just about anything: polkalav@gmail.com