REVIEW: Dove Hair Therapy Damage Solutions Intense Repair Daily Treatment Conditioner

Hello everyone.

From my previous post I talked about my Miriam Quevedo Hair Loss Shampoo that actually caused my hair to get a little dry and unmanageable during the first month or two. I did not use any conditioner since Miriam's conditioner costs a lot more so I decided to puchase Dove Hair Therapy Damage Solutions Intense Repair Daily Treatment Conditioner. This one actually costs me RM12 to RM14 (I can't remember the exact price) of approximately 4 USD for 180ml. I just finished the tube along with finishing my Miriam shampoo so here's the photos of the tube.

Dove Hair Therapy Damage Solutions Intense Repair Daily Treatment Conditioner

Claims and ingredients

The tube is normal opaque shiny tube with opening cap at the bottom but the hole for the conditioner to come out is a bit different - there's a star shape (pictures shown below). I wanted to reduce my dry feeling hair and makes it more manageable so I decided to purchase this one since it is supposed to reduce frizz, tangles and majority hair problems (well, that is what they claimed in the TV commercial). I didn't use the shampoo because I had a bad experience with their shampoo before on their nourishing oil care line. This conditioner is actually their new product added in each of their haircare range. Since its new so I gave it a try hoping that they do actually improve in so many ways. Here are their claims:

"Regular conditioners mainly work on the surface. Dove's Intense Repair Daily Treatment Conditioner with dual action formula contains:

  • Gold Stripe: Treatment with fiber actives which are the key ingredients that penetrates deep inside, it helps restore and strengthen hair from within
  • White Stripe: Conditioner with micro moisture serum repairs, intensely nourishes, and seals lifted cuticles to help protect against future damage.

Upgrade your damage solutions by repairing your hair with intense repair daily treatment conditioner daily in place your regular conditioner."

Ingredients: Water, Cetearyl alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Dipropylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Hydroxypropyl Starch Phosphate, Perfume, Methylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Trideceth 5, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Magnesium Nitrate, Carbomer, Ammonium Hydroxide, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Adipic Acid, Trehalose, Sodium Benzoate, Methylchloroisothiazolines, Magnesium Chloride, Metylisothiozolinone, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate, Cl 77492, Cl 77891

This conditioner is so thick and it has double layer (which they called it stripes) colors. You can actually understand more by looking at the small picture on top front of the tube (see front tube picture above) that looks like toothpaste. My first impression of the texture is that, it looks like my cream cheese on top of my red velvet cupcakes! Here are the photos. I can't get enough conditioner to show you better because the tube has finished.

How the opening and cap looks like that causes the cream-cheese-alike

Texture on the gold side (the white side is on the back)

Hand lifted upside down

You can see how thick it is. It does not budge even if I lift my hand upside down. The smell is very Dove-like, the normal scent Dove used to most of their products. But the scent is soothing and I love it. Its unique and milky kind of scent. I don't know how to describe it better but you know its Dove when you smell one. To one extent, I do found out that the scent is so strong that caused my hair to be all Dove scented. I used my favorite serum that smells like peach and the Dove scent is overpowering which I don't really like. I used this conditioner every other day because I don't really like the thick paste. It is not easy to rinse the conditioner. I usually left it for a few minutes while I wash my face and brush my teeth. I am so afraid that it can cause breakouts on my back and neck so before I even rinse my hair, I have to rinse my super slippery shoulder and neck to remove the conditioner sticks on it. Which of course, need a lot of rinsing.

I don't like this conditioner. No, I don't. The first time I use this conditioner, it makes my dry hair turns straw like and increase the tangle on my hair. I don't even like touching my hair. I rather skip this conditioner but because I am the type of person who don't prefer wasting money and things I bought, I continued using it until I finally finished it. I purposely use a lot of it everytime but I did not put it on my roots. It does not cause split ends and dandruff as a plus point. My toilet floor turns slippery after I rinse this conditioner. Man I can say it has a lot of silicone. I always thought my assumption (that it is a bad product) on Dove haircare line was wrong but turned out I am still right. I tried to love this product but I simply can't. I used this for approximately 1 month of random usage (sometimes I use this sometimes I don't) and even if I used it, I use it once a day.

My ratings:

Effectiveness: ★★☆☆☆ (it does not cause any split ends at least but it does not increase hair's strength, causing no significant effect on reducing my hair loss)

Bottle: ★★★☆☆ (I like the fact that the conditioner looks like cream cheese, tube looks average to me)

Price: ★★☆☆☆ (it is rather cheap but it is still not worth my penny)

Long term effect: ★★☆☆☆ (I did not repurchase and I never get good results throughout my usage period until I finished the tube)

Overall, I do not recommend this conditioner as I think it has too much silicone and it will eventually harm your hair. It is supposed to repair the hair but I think in a sense that it covers all the bad things with silicone that makes your hair seems better? Turned out their silicone gone wrong. LOL. I really hate the fact that their TV commercial went too frequently on air (even while I am writing this post the commercial just passed). I felt cheated. I hope this review helps!

Regards

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Disclaimer

All of my reviews are from my honest and genuine personal opinions and based on my skin condition. Some older posts have no watermark until I understand the necessity to put one. I am not responsible for any opposite feedback of usage and please do seek advice from dermatologists. I bought all the products using my own money and I am not paid nor have anything to do with the brands reviewed unless stated.

It's me

Malaysian lady. I review beauty products and this blog made as a hobby. For reference purpose, I have combination to oily skin and I am living in a hot and humid country, Malaysia. Ignore my grammar and typo. Do email me for just about anything: polkalav@gmail.com