REVIEW: Clairol Herbal Essence Long Term Relationship Shampoo, Conditioner & Hair Mask (Red Bottle)

Hello everyone.

I love to keep my hair long since I was a kid and I do cry a lot if my mum forced me to cut it short because it is unmanageable. Good old days. I am the type of person who don't often sticks with one particular haircare brand. I can't remember what was my previous haircare brand but I can say I tried almost all haircare brands offered in the drugstore. After reading a lot of reviews especially on their official webpage, I decided to purchase Clairol Herbal Essence Long Term Relationship line. I actually postponed reviewing this brand because it is not my current haircare line anymore. I used this way back last year. But I still remember the feeling the first time I actually used this. I no longer have the bottle so here's photo:

(from left) Shampoo, Conditioner, Hair Mask

I have no choice but to take all the basic information about this haircare line from random sites. Here are the claims and ingredients:

"Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship helps protect your hair against split ends and breakage. Indulge yourself with its velvety conditioner and pampering treatments."

Shampoo ingredients: Water, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycol Distearate, Zea Mays (Corn) Silk Extract, Hydrolyzed Silk, Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Fruit Extract, Fragrance, Sodium Citrate, Cocamide DEA, Sodium Xylenesulfonate, Fragrance, Dimethicone, Citric Acid, Sodium Benzoate, Polyquaterniu,-76, Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium EDTA, Ammonium Laureth Sulfate, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Red 33, Blue 1. (2011 formulation)

Conditioner ingredients: Water, Stearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Cetyl Alcohol, Bis-Aminopropyl Dimethicone, Hydrolyzed Silk, Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Fruit Extract, Zea Mays (Corn) Silk Extract, Fragrance, Benzyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Red 33. (2011 formulation)

Hair Mask ingredients: Aqua, Stearyl Alcohol, Behenthrimonium Chloride, Bis-Aminopropyl Dimethicone, Cetyl Alcohol, Isopropyl Alcohol, Parfum, Benzyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Linalool, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Hydroxisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Propylene Glycol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Magnesium Nitrate, Zea Mays Silk Extract, Rubus Idaeus Fruit Extract (Rasberry), Hydrolyzed Silk, CI 17200, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Magnesium Chloride, Methylisothiazolinone, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, Citric Acid

I can't really get the exact claims since the only herbal essence website actually claimed on their new product of the same Long Term Relationship but using pomegranate instead of raspberry and satin. But here in Malaysia, they still sell the same products I used before which is the raspberry version. This haircare line is made for long hair, so it explains the name "Long Term Relationship". I used these three products but I will only use the mask once to twice a week. I can't remember for how long all these products last and I often buy the small size which I think it is 250ml. I am so sorry I can't remember the details about these products. The only thing I remembered is the review. LOL.

I prefer the smaller size because I can bring them along when I travel. Aside from that, I don't prefer old bottles in my toilet. I really like the feeling of changing bottles of my products (although they were the same products anyways). It is a matter of self satisfaction. The cap for the shampoo and conditioner are actually a press cap that opens to the side to let the shampoo/conditioner out. It used the same concept as Tresemme's shampoo/conditioner the 500ml bottle. The mask has a normal screw cap. All those three products have the same color of its texture - a pastel pink cream, only that the shampoo has slightly runny consistency. I always thought that the mask and the conditioner were the same thing as the texture is very much alike - thick cream. The scent is what I love the most. It has the scent of raspberry and I cannot get enough of it! I kept on sniffing my hair that smells like raspberry and I don't even want the smell to be interfered by the scent of my favorite serum (peach scent) so I often skip my serum.

I also love these trio so much because it works well on my hair. I don't often have split ends problem but I can grow my hair longer hassle free once I used them. My hair feels so smooth, manageable and it feels so light. These trio never weigh it down for a plus. I love these products so much that it became my HG products. Its a must have and if I forgot to bring it along when I go travel, I will purchase a new one especially the shampoo and the conditioner. It never caused me dandruff too. But the downturn is that, after a long time of usage, I think my hair started to get immune with the ingredients and my hair started to dry up. It doesn't feel nice anymore and I know I have to change my haircare line. But of course, I used this for almost a year and I never get disappointed with it. I bought the shampoo and conditioner for approximately RM10 each for the smaller bottle of 3 USD each. The mask is more expensive but I think it is less than RM20 (6 USD). I am sorry for all the doubts. Its been awhile since I ever bumped into these trio when I decided to change my haircare line.

My ratings:

Effectiveness: ★★★★★ (LOVE!)

Bottle: ★★★☆☆ (sexy red color and shape for the shampoo and conditioner - that looks like hair waves, but I don't prefer press cap since the products will clump up on the opening)

Price: ★★★★★ (it is very affordable and it does what it claimed)

Long term effect: ★★★★☆ (I repurchased this haircare line so many times that I can't remember how many but too bad someday somehow our hair will still get immune to the products)

Overall, I do recommend this haircare line to those who wants to maintain long hair. It is really helpful and it does help in managing split ends. It smells so good too. Although this review does not give an exact information regarding the details of the product, I hope it still helps!

Regards

3 comments:

  1. May I ask, how do you buy the shampoo in Malaysia?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amelia, thank you for reading! You can find the shampoo in major pharmacies in Malaysia (I.e. Watsons, guardian etc.). They sell it online too in their official websites!

      Hope this helps. Xoxo

      Delete

 

Disclaimer

All of my reviews are from my honest and genuine personal opinions and based on my skin condition. Some older posts have no watermark until I understand the necessity to put one. I am not responsible for any opposite feedback of usage and please do seek advice from dermatologists. I bought all the products using my own money and I am not paid nor have anything to do with the brands reviewed unless stated.

It's me

Malaysian lady. I review beauty products and this blog made as a hobby. For reference purpose, I have combination to oily skin and I am living in a hot and humid country, Malaysia. Ignore my grammar and typo. Do email me for just about anything: polkalav@gmail.com