REVIEW: Bio Essence Bird's Nest Nutri-Collagen & Whitening Cleanser & Advancer

Hello everyone.

Today I would like to review on my recently finished skincare line, Bio Essence Bird's Nest Nutri-Collagen & Whitening Series. Before I changed to this skincare brand, I used Nutox Oxyfusion which its main ingredient is bird's nest too. My friend recommended this Bio Essence on their bird's nest line so I waited patiently until my Nutox finished up and immediately purchase Bio Essence. I actually bought its starter pack but unfortunately I threw away the box so I can't really show you how the box looks like but it is light purple in color with a lady on the box. Something like that? LOL. Anddd I accidentally threw away the cleanser tube once I finished it quite a while ago (since it is the first one to finish). The good thing is that the starter pack consists of all the main products in the line; cleanser, advancer, cream, essence and sleeping mask. I will review on the first two products from this starter pack which is the cleanser and advancer. The starter pack actually costs me RM17 of approximately 5 USD and it is only available in Watsons here in Malaysia. Here is the photo of the actual size of the cleanser.

Bio Essence Bird's Nest Nutri-Collagen & Whitening Cleanser

The normal size tube costs RM19 to RM24 depending on where you purchase it of approximately 7 USD for 100g. My starter pack tube looks very similar with the actual tube, the only difference is the lid color which is the same plastic yellowish color just like the tube itself. Here are the claims I got from their website:

"Deeply cleanses and provides Bird’s Nest nourishment and collagen for softer, fairer skin. 

Bird’s Nest Nutri-Collagen & Whitening Cleanser is a gentle deep cleanser which effectively removes dirt and impurities on the skin’s surface without striping the skin of its natural moisture. It also contains Angelica extract, Ginseng extract and other natural herbal ingredients to smoothen and soften the skin; Bird’s Nest Essence to provide nourishment and Amino Acid Skin Whitening Complex for a fairer, brighter complexion.

Benefits:
  • Deeply cleanses and removes impurities trapped in pores 
  • Skin feels refreshed without any feeling of tightness after use 
  • Bird’s Nest Essence is rich in nutrients to keep the skin moist and soft"

Ingredients: Deionized Water, Stearic Acid, Propylene Glycol, Myristic Acid, Potassium Hydroxide, Lauric Acid, Lentinus Edodes Extract, Glycerin, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, PEG-200, Polyglyceryl-2 Stearate, Swiftlet Nest Extract, Glycol Stearate, Acetobactor/Saccharomyces/Rice Kernal Ferment (and) Cupric Chloride (and) Zinc Chloride (and) Lithium Chloride (and) Sodium Oxide (and) Calcium Oxide (and) Magnesium Oxide (and) Molybdenum Chloride (and) Aluminium Oxide (and) Ferric Chloride, Angelica archangelica Root, Ginseng (Panax ginseng) Root, Lycium barbarum Fruit Extract, Beeswax, Fragrance, Citric Acid, BHA, Acetyl Cysteine (and) Collagen Amino Acids, EDTA, Methylisothiazolinone

It contains so many harmful ingredients (i.e. propylene glycol, PEG, etc.) I am just glad I did not repurchase. This cleanser is actually a cream cleanser that lathers well. The texture is white cream like the usual cream cleanser. As I am too lazy to use foaming net so I simply put 2cm on my fingers, run some water on it and just foam up between my palms. The scent is so nice, a flowery yet soothing scent that I really love. From my opinion, the scent of this skincare line is the best scent for overall skincare regime I have ever encountered. It is not overpowering either. The first time I used this cleanser is when I went on vacation (can't remember where). Truth is, my room at home has no air conditioner so I never had problems with dry skin due to air conditioner plus I have combination to oily skin. But when I go for travelling, of course the hotel consists of air conditioner so my skin tends to get a little dry around my U-zone area and my mouth area gets kind of stiff that I can no longer smile without wrinkly laugh lines. I didn't expect much from this brand but I have no choice since it is the only travel sized skincare regime I own that time. Out of my expectation, the cleanser does not cause me any tight feeling afterwards that I really love. Throughout my vacation (with excessive swimming and 16 degree celcius of air conditioner), I never had to deal with dry skin on my U-zone (my T-zone also balanced out) so applying bb cream or any make up is really easy for me. I was so happy for it. I didn't expect it moisturizes my skin really well.

The downturn is that, when I get back home with all the normal no air conditioner, hot and humid weather, I found out that after I wash my skin (happily), I had this tight feeling afterwards. I didn't understand why it changed so rapidly and I assumed I did a mistake on the way I wash my skin? But, turned out it continues everytime I wash my face. After few days of using it at home, it actually breaks me out! My skin never felt clean, only tight feeling. My sebum turns upside down when my T-zone gets too oily and my U-zone started to flake. Gosh I didn't expect surrounding temperature and humidity contribute a lot on choosing the right skincare line. I was disappointed. I decided to increase the amount I used to wash my face so that I can actually get rid of this cleanser once and for all! I felt lucky I bought the trial size. It lasts me for two weeks I guess - usage of twice a day.

My ratings:

Effectiveness: ★★★☆☆ (I love the effect during my vacation but not when I am back home)

Bottle: ★★★☆☆ (trial size to normal size, I think the tube is rather average)

Price: ★★★☆☆ (the price for normal size is actually rather expensive with the fact that it does not do what it claimed)

Long term effect: ★★★☆☆ (I did not repurchase and I only used it for like two weeks or so)

Overall, I do not recommend this cleanser to those with combination to oily skin. I found out that it does not really cleanse my skin well and with the tight feeling afterwards, I too do not recommend it to those with dry skin. But, if you are staying in low humidity and always under air conditioner, I think it will be suitable for you regardless the type of skin you are having. No brightening or whitening effect seen.


My next review is on their advancer. I actually kept the bottle because it is small and I can reuse it for travelling purpose. The normal size bottle costs RM50 to RM60 of approximately 17 USD for 100ml. Here is the photo:


Bio Essence Bird's Nest Nutri-Collagen & Whitening Advancer

The advancer finished quite awhile ago (maybe awhile after I finished the cleanser) so I cannot really show you the texture of the advancer. In this small bottle - which you can compare with my earphone, the amount is half or a bit more than half from the whole bottle. The quantity was a bit frustrating because many reviews raved about this advancer and I am looking forward to actually use this one. Here are the claims taken from their website too:

"Nourishes and induces absorption of skincare products for fairer skin. Skin is smoother, suppler and fairer after use.

Bird’s Nest Nutri-Collagen & Whitening Advancer contains concentrated Bird’s Nest Essence to supply nutrients to the skin. More than a toner, the advancer combines other active ingredients Amino Acid Skin Whitening Complex, Hyaluronic Acid and Ginseng to effectively nourish the skin and promote complete absorption of subsequent skincare products for suppler and fairer complexion. 

What is an advancer and how does it work?
Bird’s Nest Nutri-Collagen & Whitening Advancer promotes absorption of skincare products and also advances skin condition and performance to maximize the benefits of the ingredients absorbed. 

The 3-step approach
  1. The advancer gently softens the cornified layer on the skin’s surface to enhance the skin’s ability to absorb skincare products.
  2. Bio Energy Fluid promotes blood and oxygen micro-circulation, hence improving metabolism to allow subsequent skincare products to be more quickly absorbed and fully “digested” by the skin to maximize product efficacies.
  3. Extra concentrated Bird’s Nest Nutri-Collagen to supply nutrients and plumps up the skin to keep it supple and smooth while Amino Acid Skin Whitening Complex restores skin luminosity to reveal a fair and translucent complexion. It also contains Hyaluronic Acid to lock in moisture and hydrates the skin.

Benefits:
  • Promotes quick and complete absorption of subsequent skincare products 
  • Concentrated Bird’s Nest Essence nourishes and hydrates the skin, leaving it soft and delicate 
  • Amino Acid Skin Whitening Complex effectively reduces dull and yellowish skin tone for a fair and translucent complexion from within 
  • Relieves skin dryness and prevents the formation of fine lines for softer and smoother skin"

Ingredients: Deionized Water, Lentinus Edodes Extract, Propylene Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, 1,2-Hexanediol, Betaine, Methylpropanediol, Allantoin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone, Swiftlet Nest Extract, Xanthan Gum, Acrylamide/Ammonium Acrylate Copolymer, White Tea (Camellia sinensis) Lead Extract, Ginseng (Panax ginseng) Extract, Methylisothiazolinone, Allantoin, Fragrance, Acetyl Cystein (and) Collagen Amino Acids, EDITA

The bottle is a plastic bottle with screw cap on top. The opening is rather large that can cause it to overflow since the texture is slightly runny than gels. It smells almost the same with the cleanser, flowery and soothing scent. This advancer actually acts like a toner but milder. Or the other word, it acts like a prepping cream or gel for a better absorption on any moisturizers dab on later. I need to use this after washing my face just like a toner. I don't need to put in on a cotton and dab it onto my skin. It is like a gel, but so much lighter in form. I just have to dab it on my skin using my fingers and it runs smoothly on my skin. After it hits my skin, it turns watery and I love the fresh feeling it gave me. The color of the texture is slightly cloudy with a hint of yellow (just a teeny tiny hint of yellow). I love this advancer. At first I didn't like it because it makes my skin turns oily and it feels heavy after dabbing their cream. I hate the heavy feeling it caused me and after few hours, I put a finger on my forehead and my finger turns shiny! Yes it is super oily. Later on I found out that I should reduce the usage of it. I normally put a pea size on my finger then smooth it on my skin but I decided to cut the usage into half. So half a pea size (or smaller) is good enough and my skin never felt heavy since then. I sometimes skip the cream because I prefer the light feeling it gave me. I am not sure what causing my breakouts but I think this advancer increased the possibility of breakout since my skin tends to get oily by the end of the day. It lasts me for about three weeks - usage of twice a day.

My ratings:

Effectiveness: ★★★☆☆ (I love it but only if it does not cause me breakout or oily skin by the end of the day)

Bottle: ★★★☆☆ (average and the opening should be smaller to prevent overflowing but the normal size bottle is a pump bottle)

Price: ★★☆☆☆ (it is expensive! As a toner (or you can call it advancer) man it costs a fortune)

Long term effect: ★★★☆☆ (I didn't repurchase because it is expensive but the three weeks usage makes me give it an average)

Overall, I do recommend this advancer to those with dry skin. But for combination to oily skin, it does not do much as I used soooo little on my skin and it still cause me oily skin. The cream, essence and sleeping mask actually lasts longer than the cleanser and advancer but I kept using the other three without the advancer and I get better results in managing my sebum. Though, no significant whitening effect except that it improves my skin's radiance. I hope these reviews help! The other three products (cream, essence and night mask I will review on my next post).

P/S: I don't know how I can manage to use the cleanser and advancer trial size for more than two weeks but many reviews said that it will lasts 3 to 5 days for them. I stated the amount I used and how frequent I used it so I do not know how they can actually finish it up within 5 days. Maybe they use it several times a day?

Regards

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Disclaimer

All of my reviews are from my honest and genuine personal opinions and based on my skin condition. Some older posts have no watermark until I understand the necessity to put one. I am not responsible for any opposite feedback of usage and please do seek advice from dermatologists. I bought all the products using my own money and I am not paid nor have anything to do with the brands reviewed unless stated.

It's me

Malaysian lady. I review beauty products and this blog made as a hobby. For reference purpose, I have combination to oily skin and I am living in a hot and humid country, Malaysia. Ignore my grammar and typo. Do email me for just about anything: polkalav@gmail.com