REVIEW: Beauty Clinic Mediheal Trouble Minus Smart Laser Mask

Hello everyone.

First and foremost, this is again a sheet masks review. LOL. I couldn’t help myself from trying various sheet masks. I didn’t change my daily facial regime so I couldn’t update any new ones unless I’d used it for more than a month, or until a point where the results are consistent – often more than a month. For a sheet masks, it is supposed to show effects right after usage so it’s easier to judge and review. Yeay me! So, I’d mentioned on my previous post regarding how I love black sheet masks that it has become my first priority before purchasing any sheet mask. So I decided to purchase a new black sheet mask which is Beauty Clinic Mediheal Trouble Minus Smart Laser Mask. That is pretty long name thus I’ll just call it “mask”. LOL. I lost the receipt of when I purchased this mask but I remembered the approximate price is below RM15 (plus minus 4 USD) per piece. Here are the photos of it.

Beauty Clinic Mediheal Trouble Minus Smart Laser Mask

Claims and ingredients

Product

This mask is basically a two step mask. If you never heard about two step masks, let me give you a general introduction of it. When it is said to be two step masks, it needs us to apply its product on two different stages. Some two step masks require us to apply the base cream provided then apply the sheet mask while other two step masks are vice versa. Often, two step masks are made for the purpose to boost efficacy and absorption – though I don’t prefer two step masks as it is a hassle for me and the end results are pretty thick which I often wash it away later on. This mask is made for the purpose of reducing acne. My skin was troubled with acne during purchase so that is pretty much the reason why I bought it. The lady promoter said that it helps in cleansing pores but its not focusing on reducing open pores. Too bad. There is other variant specifically made for open pores from the same brand.

The packaging of this mask is rather cute (because it is green!) and I must say I was influenced due to the color as well. LOL. Here is the step 1 of the mask, which is the base ampoule they call it.

Tear it away from the packaging

Torn out from step 2

The base ampoule acts as a base before applying the mask itself. It is a liquid serum-like base which is colorless and the consistency is slightly runny to compare with glue. The scent of this base ampoule is close to scentless and it is not overpowering. Here is the photo of it.

Base ampoule

The second step is basically the mask itself. It is a black colored cotton mask that is scentless too (or maybe I couldn’t describe the scentless-ness) that it doesn’t bother me at all. The mask is super soft and I love how it feels on skin. It is pretty thin as well. It is folded inside the packaging with no plastic layer in between that I have to be extra careful to unfold it. The mask fits perfectly on my face on every edge and the holes perfectly fit me too. I don’t have any complaints regarding this matter during usage. The essence in the mask looks and feels exactly the same as its ampoule. There is less essence leftover inside the step 2 packaging but I don’t mind as they have provided the ampoule. Here is the photo of the mask.

The black cotton mask


How I use it

Before usage, I ensure that my skin is clean by using facial wash and peeling gel to remove dead skin cells to increase the efficacy of the mask. Of course, upon using this mask, I have to follow the steps given. The first step required me to apply the ampoule all over my face. The ampoule is a lot that I have to start by applying it on my skin layer by layer (because I don’t want to waste it). I can’t help myself but to finish the ampoule up. I later on pat my face until my face is no longer wet and it turns sticky. It’s so thick on my face that it is very uncomfortable from my opinion. I let it sit for 2 to 3 minutes then later on apply the mask (step 2) for 30 minutes or up until the mask is slightly dry.

Effects

Actually, during application of the ampoule, I felt a tingly sensation especially around my mouth area where it often gets a little bit dry and sensitive at times. Upon removal of the mask, I don’t see any significant difference on my face except that my pores are getting slightly cleaned – less blackheads and whiteheads. I can’t judge better as I didn’t take any before and after pictures. I actually left it overnight on my face. When I wake up the next day, my skin turns super oily especially around my mouth area. I am not sure whether it is a good a thing or a bad thing. After I wash my face, I couldn’t see any difference on my skin. My acne is (or are?) still there. It didn’t dry out my skin though.

The downturn about this mask is that it makes my skin rough. I hate how my skin feels the next day and I was a bit disappointed with this mask. It didn’t balance out my sebum secretion throughout the next day of application too.  My skin turns oily easily. Well that’s just about it.

My ratings:

Effectiveness: ★☆☆☆☆ (its a nay, doesn't do what it claimed)

Packaging: ★★★★☆ (cute and the mask is black in color, plus I love the cotton mask)

Price: ★★☆☆☆ (since it does not do what it claimed I think the price is pretty expensive for a mask)

Long term effect: ☆☆☆☆☆ (I don't like the after results at all)

Overall, I do not recommend this for those with sensitive skin (mine is combination to oily skin). I think it is rather harsh to skin and if you are having bad acne, please avoid this as well as it will cause your acne to hurt a bit during application. I am not sure how well it works for you but I think there are much more better masks aiming for acne out there (not to mention cheaper!). I hope this review helps!

Regards

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Disclaimer

All of my reviews are from my honest and genuine personal opinions and based on my skin condition. Some older posts have no watermark until I understand the necessity to put one. I am not responsible for any opposite feedback of usage and please do seek advice from dermatologists. I bought all the products using my own money and I am not paid nor have anything to do with the brands reviewed unless stated.

It's me

Malaysian lady. I review beauty products and this blog made as a hobby. For reference purpose, I have combination to oily skin and I am living in a hot and humid country, Malaysia. Ignore my grammar and typo. Do email me for just about anything: polkalav@gmail.com