REVIEW: Simply Bye Dark Circle Hydro Gel Eye Masks

Hello everyone!


Yup, I know, I am always outdated in updating my blog. Am still passionate on beauty stuff though. It’s just that I don’t have the time to review so. There are so many reviews I have to make but I prefer taking it one at a time. Most of them are masks reviews as I recently purchased random sheet and jar masks to cater my needs. I went to snail masks, charcoal masks, whitening masks, and the latest one is eye masks! Well, truth is, my under eye areas are never my concern. I don’t have severe dark under eye but it does wrinkles out (a bit) as time passes by. But! Put in mind that I don’t have perfect complexion and I'm just the type of person who couldn't care less. I don’t eat well, I don’t take supplements, I don’t sleep regularly, I seldom exercise and I too don’t drink much. Additionally, final exams are around the corner and my stress level is getting to the north. So, one day, I decided to try out eye masks – basically just for fun. I do have minor wrinkles on my under eye areas and also started to darken up a little bit. I decided to purchase Simply Bye Dark Circle Hydro Gel Eye Masks for RM9.90 of approximately 3 USD for 2 pairs of eye masks (4 pieces). I purchased it at Watsons, KLCC a month ago but I just finished it up a week ago. Here are the pictures of the box (thin box I must say).

Simply Bye Dark Circle Hydro Gel Eye Masks

Claims, ingredients and direction of use

Product

I’m sorry for the bad resolution of my camera. I threw it away long before I discovered it’s not clear. Actually, I had never use any eye masks in sheet form. I prefer cream eye masks as it is more comfortable to use. This eye masks wrapped in a cardboard wrapper that is pretty cute. The panda printed on it is very adorable and it kept on saying to me “you have panda eyes, you need me.” Blergh. So I have to purchase it. LOL. This is how it opens and the inside.

Opening

The masks

I tried to sniff the masks on but it doesn’t smell. No scent at all which I kind of prefer so. It is pastel pink in color and quite huge so it covers quite large areas under my eyes. At first I thought the gel masks will be soaked with essence just like sheet masks supposed to be but it’s not. If you had ever used kool fever, its exactly like it but thinner. The outer layer is velvety-like, a cotton layer. There is a gel layer underneath the mask that is supposed to be attached on my under eye areas. No wet feeling, just cold gel sensation. I have to open the seal behind each mask like this.

Remove the seals

How I use it

After cleaning up my face with proper peeling and toner, I attached the masks under my eye areas but not too close to the eyes. I do suggest you to lie down and relax while usage as it is not comfortable to even blink. The first time I used this, I actually placed it quite closed to my eyes and I hate it until I almost remove it but I decided not to. It is so uncomfortable every single time I blinked. Zzz. So please use it maybe half a centimeter away from your eyes to avoid discomfort. I used this at night before bed for half an hour and remove it. Through the suggestion of usage, it says that you can use it overnight but I decided not to as I need my skin to breathe throughout the night. 30 minutes is enough for me. No rinsing is needed afterwards.

Effects

I think this mask gave me no effect. Yes, nil. I tried to take before and after pictures of my under eye areas but after comparisons, I didn’t see any difference – my wrinkles stay the same, the color is still…dark. I didn’t expect much on this eye masks as I don’t believe in gel eye masks like this. I thought this masks is soaked with essence so I was a bit disappointed when I found out it’s not. I don’t see where the essence is and what to absorb on my skin. Turned out, my expectation is correct.

The next day of my first time usage of this mask, I washed my face as usual and I found out that there is a very tiny bump on my eyelid – specifically on my upper waterline. I was petrified as I had never suffered from it for so long; the last time was when I was a kid. Luckily, the next day the bump is gone and I'm happy that it’s not severe. The second time I used this, I placed it farther than my eyes and there is no tiny bump the next day.  On the brighter side, I do like its packaging and the size of the masks itself. It is rather huge and the packaging is cute.

My ratings:

Effectiveness: ★☆☆☆☆ (it does nothing but it helps in soothing tired eyes as the gel is slightly soothing)

Packaging: ★★★☆☆ (its cute but I don't like the invention of this eye masks as it is very uncomfortable)

Price: ★☆☆☆☆ (it is cheap as I can get two pairs for its price but it doesn't worth it)

Long term effect: ☆☆☆☆☆ (no difference)

Overall, I do not recommend this mask to those who really wants a good eye masks (Duh?). If you purchased a mask for the sake of soothing your eyes, maybe yeah go ahead. But of course, everybody will encounters different effects so I am not sure if it gives you better results. There are so many better eye masks you can purchase out there so please put this last on your list. Sorry to say. I hope this review helps!

Regards

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Disclaimer

All of my reviews are from my honest and genuine personal opinions and based on my skin condition. Some older posts have no watermark until I understand the necessity to put one. I am not responsible for any opposite feedback of usage and please do seek advice from dermatologists. I bought all the products using my own money and I am not paid nor have anything to do with the brands reviewed unless stated.

It's me

Malaysian lady. I review beauty products and this blog made as a hobby. For reference purpose, I have combination to oily skin and I am living in a hot and humid country, Malaysia. Ignore my grammar and typo. Do email me for just about anything: polkalav@gmail.com