REVIEW: Sexylook Intensive Whitening Black Cotton Mask

Hello everyone.

Being masks addict somehow triggers me to purchase so many ranges of masks from sheet masks to jar masks that I can’t even update reviews on them just because it’s that a lot. I’m taking it one at a time. I mentioned previously from my past post that I don’t believe in masks that target on whitening. I always prefer masks that are meant for pore minimizing or hydration because at least I don’t have to expect too much. LOL. I have enlarged pores due to unbalanced sebum secretion and my U-zone often turns flaky if it’s not moisturized well.

I went to Watsons, KLCC and I was looking through (for only window shopping) that I actually stopped at the masks partition..Stunned. They have like one whole column for masks and I can’t stop myself from digging in. So, since I was on budget, I purchased 3 sheet masks, and one of them is Sexylook Intensive Whitening Black Cotton Mask. It costs me RM8.90 of approximately 3 USD for a piece. Here are the photos.

Sexylook Intensive Whitening Black Cotton Mask

Claims, directions and ingredients

I actually purchased this because I was dying to try out black cotton masks. I reviewed Sexylook’s mask before and I hate it. I took the guts to try another mask from Sexylook because it’s too tempting as it is black in color – with sheet mask that is black too.  Well, basically because it’s sorta new so I need to try it myself as so many other reviewers said black cotton masks are better than the normal ones.

Product

The packaging is rather catchy as it is black in color, with a lady anime wearing black mask. There is not much of an English writing on it as all of it is in Taiwan writings except the ingredients. The mask is folded inside the packaging and there is no plastic layer between the folding that it is so hard to unfold it. I was so afraid that I might tear it up. Luckily I didn’t. The first time I took it out from the packaging, the mask that is soaked with essence felt gooey to touch. It’s like I'm touching the base of a swimming pool filled with moss. It freaks me out because I can’t stop imagining myself using a gross moss mask.

The scent is rather flowery but weird. It is not overwhelming but it’s not stinky either. Just okay to me. The cotton is super soft, it’s not like the normal ones at all. It’s soft and sticks to my face so nicely. The mask is very lightweight and thin, but opaque. I love black masks now! Love it love it love it. The holes of this mask fits perfectly to my face, even the edges of the mask. It fits me perfectly except the sides that it’s kind of too extended it covers my sideburns a bit. There is not much of essence left inside the packaging but it is better than My Beauty Diary masks.

The mask after usage

Mask's texture

How I use it

I put this mask in the fridge 10 minutes before usage. I actually use this during my masking routine where I started off with using peeling gel to remove dead skin cells along with using charcoal jelly mask and pore packs. I’ll end my routine by using sheet masks. I put it on my face as usual for 30 to 50 minutes, or until it is slightly dry. It absorbs very well and fast as it is rather thin. I’ll pat on my skin until it is slightly sticky then I just let it sit until it is fully absorb. And yeah, I do this routine at night and I’ll leave the essence on my skin overnight. It is not sticky afterwards and I love it.

Effects

As I don’t expect too much from this mask, I kinda amazed on how it actually works. I never believe in whitening sheet masks until I actually used this. Upon removal, I found out that my skin glows and radiant. It’s amazing that it brightened up my skin pretty well. I’m not saying I’m turning Michael Jackson (RIP), but the whitening effect is pretty decent. Like I said, I didn’t expect too much that I didn’t took the effort to take before and after pictures for better judgment. I have tan skin so being white is weird to me. This mask actually helps removing the dull look and makes my skin more appealing. I cant differentiate if the results stay for long but I can say it stays for a day or two. It doesn’t break me out and I’m pretty happy with it.

The only drawback about this mask is that it does not improve my skin’s smoothness. The previous Sexylook mask I’ve reviewed gives me a very smooth skin but this one is more focused on just whitening. I wasn’t expecting too much about this mask (although it is rather expensive to compare with My Beauty Diary Masks) but I am sure going to repurchase just because its sooo comfortable to use and it works depending on the target they are focusing on. Sexylook has another two variant on this black mask – hydration and one more I can’t remember.

My ratings:

Effectiveness: ★★★★☆ (It works depending on what it is made for, nothing more than that)

Packaging: ★★★★☆ (cute and black in color)

Price: ★★★☆☆ (I think Watsons marked up the price as I can actually get cheaper price on this. Learned my lesson.)

Long term effect: ★★★☆☆ (it doesn’t stay that long but a day or two is okay to me as I just use it once)

Overall, I do recommend this mask if you want to try black masks. It is so nice to use and so comfortable to compare with other sheet masks – the white colored ones. All black masks feel the same as this one and I love it. The whitening effect is good and I think you’ll gonna love it too. But remember, it is not meant for smoothing out the skin texture or even minimizing pores so please purchase the right mask in accordance to your preference. I hope this review helps!

Regards

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Disclaimer

All of my reviews are from my honest and genuine personal opinions and based on my skin condition. Some older posts have no watermark until I understand the necessity to put one. I am not responsible for any opposite feedback of usage and please do seek advice from dermatologists. I bought all the products using my own money and I am not paid nor have anything to do with the brands reviewed unless stated.

It's me

Malaysian lady. I review beauty products and this blog made as a hobby. For reference purpose, I have combination to oily skin and I am living in a hot and humid country, Malaysia. Ignore my grammar and typo. Do email me for just about anything: polkalav@gmail.com