REVIEW: Tokyo Love Soap Premium

THIS IS A SPONSORED REVIEW BY BIGPINKBAG


Hello everyone!

I’ve been dying to review this but I need time to provide better judgments. Anyways, I think it’s time for me to review this soap and here it goes! First of all, to those who have never heard of Tokyo Love Soaps, this soap is said to be a miracle soap targeting women who concerns on skin pigmentation and discoloration – or you can call it, skin darkening. This soap is also said to whiten skin even on the first wash! Talk about exaggeration. LOL. Tokyo Love Soap’s origin is Japan and that is the reason why I dare to use one. It’s not on sale in Malaysia but Bigpinkbag imported it directly from the manufacturer, Happy Price Co. Ltd. (from Japan) for us to purchase! Tokyo Love Soaps came with few other variants and Bigpinkbag has generously provided me a freebie for the premium variant which is supposed to be the most expensive of them all. Yeay, thanks Bigpinkbag!

This Tokyo Love Soap Premium actually costs RM85 (price offered at Bigpinkbag) of approximately 27 USD. When I first saw the price, I went :OOOOO but Bigpinkbag offered cheaper price to compare with other online shops for its premium variant. It weighs 100g which is pretty huge from my opinion. Here are the photos.

Tokyo Love Soap Premium

Claims and ingredients (in Japanese)

Bigpinkbag's inquiries
Claims

Since its written in japanese words, so I'll provide the claims and ingredients taken directly from TLS official website:

"A luxurious “Premium Love Soap” containing the most popular ingredient in the series

We abundantly added to normal “Tokyo Love Soap” “EGF” and “Fullerene”. Also, increased “Royal Jamu”, originally prepared element for “Tokyo Love” series helps wash away smells and dirt in the delicate zone more softly and strongly. Moreover, we seek to achieve beauty skin by amply containing “EGF” and “Fullerene”, both drawing attention of the beauty industry. And “Hyalo-Oligo®” helps moisturize your skin after using it. In addition to elegant and gorgeous fragrance of “Damask Rose”, the Premium soap contains “Osmopherine” and “Ylang-ylang” with sensual aroma, which will help you becomes more attractive woman. It is highly popular product as it is used by a charismatic beauty director in Japan."

Ingredients and how to use

Taken too from its official website:

"SOAP BASE, FRAGRANCE, PERSIMMON TANNIN, CAMELLIA, SINENSIS LEAF EXTRACT, FULLERENES, HUMAN OLIGOPEPTIDE-1, HYDROLYZED HYALURONIC ACID, CANANGA ODORATA FLOWER EXTRACT, CHAMOMILLA RECUTITA (MATRICARIA) FLOWER EXTRACT, SATIVA OFFICINALIS (SAGE) LEAF EXTRACT, ROSMARINUS OFFICINALIS (ROSEMARY) LEAF EXTRACT, MENTHA PIPERITA (PEPPERMINT) LEAF EXTRACT, PUERARIA LOBATA ROOT EXTRACT, ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF EXTRACT, CHLORELLA VULGARIS EXTRACT, DIPOTASSIUM GLYCYRRHIZATE, SODIUM HYALURONATE, HYDROLYZED SILK, SOYBEAN MILK CULTURE FILTRATE, TREHALOSE,BETAINE, PEG-75, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, ALCOHOL, WATER, ETIDRONIC ACID, TETRASODIUM EDTA

After make lather with right amount of soap using water or lukewarm water, wash your body and flush out it with water or lukewarm water.

Precautions:
  • Discontinue use if you have trouble or it disagrees with your skin.
  • Since it contains a lot of naturally derived ingredients, the color of the soap may change while using it. However, you can safely use it.
  • When storing it, drain excess water and avoid high-temperature and humidity and direct sunlight, as the soap contains a lot of moisturizing ingredients."

Product

I asked Bigpinkbag on the differences of this variant to other variant and they said that this soap aims specifically for wrinkles and saggy skin as it contains more Epidermal Growth Factor (EGF) to compare with other variant. If your aim is to only whiten skin, there are other variants specifically targeting on whitening. This soap is natural based products (vegetarian) which uses natural ingredients (but keep it mind natural doesn't mean its organic). It is said to be a mild soap that you can use throughout your body even on your delicate areas.

It comes with a cute golden paper box with dark pink top and bottom. The box is actually high in quality as its not bent or damaged easily. If you have never read my previous posts regarding fake TLS, you can see how in-depth comparisons I’ve made to provide me with justifications on this matter. When I opened the box, the rose scent lingers and I really love how light the scent is. It’s not overpowering but it sure does smell good. Like you always want to sniff it just because it’s that soothing. If you like the smell of lavender (as it soothes the mind), I think you will like this scent better. LOL.

The soap is wrapped in a slightly transparent plastic and I must say that the soap fits perfectly within the box. The round-shaped and light creamy color of the soap is amazingly huge from my opinion. I didn’t expect it to be that big (please don’t imagine Burj of Dubai). There’s a printed Tokyo Love Soap Premium on the soap as well. Upon usage, the soap lathers quite well but I don’t expect it to be super lathery. The lathers are okay and it glides smoothly on my skin. Here are the photos of the soap.

The soap on top of its plastic wrapper



If you are a regular TLS user, you’ll notice that the lady icon printed on the box of my soap differ from normal TLS boxes. If you are a new user, here is the lady icon print.



I personally quite skeptical about this lady icon so I decided to email the manufacturer itself regarding this matter before I decided to purchase one (but turned out Bigpinkbag gave it as a freebie, yeay again!). Happy Price Co. Ltd. has assisted me and explained to me that this lady icon means that the soap is exported outside Japan. For domestic sales, there is no lady icon on it but the color, the soap, ingredients, the quality and any other aspects of the soap aside from the icon is the same. Here is the statement taken from TLS official webpage.



How I use it

At first, I used this as my body soap. The instructions stated that we have to leave it on skin for 3 minutes. I can’t imagine myself waiting in the shower for 3 minutes doing nothing. Because it’s an expensive soap and I am too lazy to wait in the shower, I decided to save up and only use it on my face instead (my facial wash ran out during that time as well). I continued using it on my face up until now. To save up the soap, I decided to cut it into 4 quarters. I’ve used up 2 quarters of it so this is what’s left.

2 quarters left

When I used this on my body, I’ll jump under the shower and make sure that I’m thoroughly wet. Then I’ll just stand away from the shower (close the tap) and run the soap throughout my body, focusing on the places I want to brighten up (i.e. underarm, knees etc.). I’ll just stand and watch the ceiling, the floor, the bubbles on my body, the drainage and it goes on and on until my 3 minutes are up. LOL. If you can’t approximate how long 3 minutes are, you can make sure the bubbles are partly gone and the soap started to feel partly dry (not too dry) then you can continue showering. I decided to shampoo my hair and massage my scalp while waiting. One quarter used as body soap lasts approximately 15 days for usage of once to twice a day.

When I use this on my face, I don’t jump under the shower just yet. I’ll just rinse my face with water and runs the soap on my face for a few turns then just lathers it up with my fingers. At least I can walk around and do some house chores while waiting. LOL. One quarter used as facial soap lasts more than a month for usage of twice a day.

Effects

I must say, it’s not miraculous as it claimed to be. You don’t go Snow White in just a blink. I blinked millions of times but I still look like Beyonce. LOL. I did take before and after pictures of my face but I couldn’t see much of a difference after a month of usage. The only thing I saw is the decrement of my laugh lines and saggy under eye areas. My laugh lines are very less visible – which I never expect it to be significantly reduced as I get too used to it. My under eye areas are no longer saggy, minor wrinkles reduced so visibly that I look younger actually (I’m still on my early 20s with the look of those on their 30s. Zzz)

I also found out that I have pink glow nowadays, to compare with my previous skin that looks yellowish and dull. I have quite visible pigmentation on my forehead (which I don’t know why) and it is visibly reduced. My skin tone improved visibly that it looks more even with lesser patchy pigmentation – though acne scars are not easily lightened which it may take more time or it needs specific cream to target the scars. I have slightly sensitive, combination to oily skin that my U-zone will turns flaky on the evening often but I found out that this soap doesn't cause my skin to turn flaky (I never had flaky U-zone since).

I have my own weekly masks routine which includes using pore packs to remove stubborn blackheads and whiteheads especially around my nose area. Few weeks back, I found out that my pore packs are no longer effective – which it doesn’t pull out blackheads as much as it does previously before I used this soap. At first I thought I didn’t use the pore packs right. I did all steps taken and it still pulled out so little blackheads. Then I just realized that it’s not the pore packs, but my blackheads and whiteheads are actually decreasing! Now I used pore packs once every two weeks and my blackheads and whiteheads I’ve successfully pulled out are still so few. It didn’t break me out and my acnes are now at bay which is a plus point to me.

I actually did use this on my body (especially on my underarm) and I found out that after 15 days of usage, my underarm lightens to a point where it is almost of the same color to my arms (though there are few hyperpigmentation patches that I still need to reduce on my underarm). It is soft and chicken skin visibly reduced. On the increasing softness of my face aspect, I can’t be as sure as I was born with slightly softer skin to compare with others (well that’s what most people said) but my pores are slightly less visible but it is not too significant. After rinsing it off from my skin, there is no tight feeling afterwards.

The only drawback about this soap is that it doesn’t help in regulating sebum secretion. My skin turns oily after few hours as usual so I can say that this soap is not meant for the purpose of regulating sebum secretion. It’s not increasing sebum secretion though (at least), so I have to use oil-absorbing finishing powder if I’m using any make up. 

My ratings:

Effectiveness: ★★★★☆ (I was hoping for the whitening effects to be more visible but the results I achieved were unexpected and I am very happy for it)

Packaging: ★★★★☆ (it is simple and the gold color seems elegant I must say)

Price: ★★★☆☆ (it is an expensive soap from my opinion but it seems to worth every penny in accordance to the results)

Long term effect: ★★★★☆ (still waiting to see more visible whitening effects but I am pretty much happy with the overall results I gained)

Overall, I do recommend this soap for those who wants to reduce wrinkles and saggy skin effectively. I'm still young and my skin started to sag pretty badly that I'm in desperate need of anti-aging products. LOL. This is a mild soap and if you have very sensitive skin, I do not recommend this soap as the fragrance ingredient in this soap is quite high. But of course, I have slightly sensitive skin and I didn't get any adverse effects and the scent of this soap is not overpowering at all.

If you are from Malaysia, Bigpinkbag is one of the authorized and officially certified distributor for Tokyo Love Soaps. They do not purchase from wholesalers or resellers and they import their stocks directly from manufacturers in Japan (Happy Price Co. Ltd.). When I emailed Happy Price Co. Ltd. regarding who is their authorized distributor, they actually mentioned Bigpinkbag as one of their authorized distributor and from there I actually contacted Bigpinkbag for inquiries. Here is the certification for Bigpinkbag's Tokyo Love Soaps distribution.

Certificate of Authorized Distributor for TLS

You can actually go to the webpage provided in the cert and key in Bigpinkbag's store code (MY079Q92) if you want to assure the authenticity of this cert (which I already did). They are active in their facebook account so any inquiries please send them private messages. I asked them so many questions regarding their soaps but they never failed to entertain me politely so I give them 5 stars for the great customer service.

Disclaimer: My experience in this review is my honest review. If it does not work I will states so.

I hope this review helps!

Regards

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Disclaimer

All of my reviews are from my honest and genuine personal opinions and based on my skin condition. Some older posts have no watermark until I understand the necessity to put one. I am not responsible for any opposite feedback of usage and please do seek advice from dermatologists. I bought all the products using my own money and I am not paid nor have anything to do with the brands reviewed unless stated.

It's me

Malaysian lady. I review beauty products and this blog made as a hobby. For reference purpose, I have combination to oily skin and I am living in a hot and humid country, Malaysia. Ignore my grammar and typo. Do email me for just about anything: polkalav@gmail.com