REVIEW: My Scheming Bamboo Charcoal + Volcano Mud Extract Pore Minimizing Mask

Hello everyone.

When I started to focus on minimizing my enlarged pores (which is so visible that you can actually see it from a mile away LOL), I decided to purchase few random masks from Watsons to cater my needs. There are hundreds to thousands of skincare brands to start with and it is so hard to decided the one suits me best so I choose to purchase several masks targeting on the same areas thus I can decide my HG masks (at least). So I decided to purchase My Scheming Bamboo Charcoal + Volcano Mud Extract Pore Minimizing Mask. Okay, as far as my concern, this is the longest name for a mask I had ever encountered. LOL. The name itself is pretty appealing to my needs. I'll go "bla bla bla bla bla...pore minimizing mask, okay tick!". I actually purchased this online for the price of RM2.80 per piece which is less than a dollar. Its super cheap! My Scheming has countless variants of masks that you'll just go "eh, didn't I saw this from previous page...or not?" getting confused (or even tempted) while shopping online of this particular brand. Well at least I do. So here are the photos of it.

 My Scheming Bamboo Charcoal + Volcano Mud Extract Pore Minimizing Mask

Claims, ingredients and directions for use

Product

This mask is a simple mask to my opinion. I didn’t expect much by the way. It’s cheap and it contains 30ml of essence in it which is a lot! I kinda prefer My Scheming’s mask as they offer highest quantity (so far) of essence in every mask they sell. Most sheet masks contain below 30ml and some of them don’t even have leftover essence to be patted on my neck and hands. The packaging is super cute! I love the prints on it (though it doesn’t look expensive) but it makes me happy on even taking pictures of it. LOL. The packaging is somewhat plastic with matte finish.

The mask is folded inside and to unfold it is pretty easy as they provide plastic layer in between (some call it pearl paper or something, I can’t exactly recall) but the plastic layer is of no use after removal. So I don’t see the purpose of knowing the name of it. LOL. I found out that cotton masks offered by My Scheming are quite well done – which the mask is very thin. I like how thin it is so to ease usage as it sticks better on skin. Aside from that, thinner masks improves absorption of essence into the skin – which also leave a very little essence on the sheet mask after usage so I don’t have to squeeze out the essence afterwards (which I did previously on other sheet masks). To my preferences, I do like how the holes fit me well and all the sides as well. Here are the photos of the mask.

Sheet mask

Plastic layer

Close up sheet mask

The essence is closed to scentless which I think it’s somewhat refreshing. It’s not flowery and all, it’s just medicinal? I’m so bad at picturing scents. The essence is watery in consistency but slightly thicker than water. Anyways, the leftover essence is so much that I can actually pour it on my palm for you guys to see. Here is the photo of it.

Essence

How I use it

I often use sheet masks as the closing of my mask routine every week. I started off by deep cleansing my face (including using pore packs) and I’ll end my mask routine using a pore minimizing mask. It seems complete aite? Sheet masks are best to be used at night before bed so that you don’t have to rinse it off. It is supposed to be left overnight to get the best out of it. During usage, I decided to tear the inner corner of the eye holes a bit so that it fits my face nicely. I leave this on my face for approximately 45 minutes or until it is slightly dry.

Effects

Since its purpose is to reduce the visibility of enlarged pores, I find this mask quite helpful in reducing my enlarged pores. I must say that my mask routine is supposed to deep cleanse my skin so I can’t really judge this mask better if it was used by itself alone. Upon removal, there’s not much of a difference on my face but it does feels rather smooth to touch.

The drawback of this mask is that it does not regulate sebum secretion. It makes my skin turns oily easily the next day and I don’t like it at all. I do have combination to oily skin to start with but my skin doesn’t turn oily easily. The results are quite decent and I didn’t expect much at first either. I will not repurchase this mask.

My ratings:

Effectiveness: ★★★☆☆ (my skin turns smooth and pores are slightly less visible but it doesn't regulate my sebum)

Packaging: ★★★★☆ (cute and simple)

Price: ★★★☆☆ (its super cheap but it doesn't do much of what it claimed)

Long term effect: ★★☆☆☆ (though the smoothness stays for 2 days or more, it makes my skin turns oily easily)

Overall, I am not sure if I want to recommend this mask. Its 50-50 for me because it does what it claimed on certain areas but it makes my sebum turns upside down which I don't prefer. But, perhaps this kind of reaction happens only to my skin as different people comes with different needs and reactions. You can try it if you want and you don't even feel like you just wasted tons of money for it as it is pretty cheap to give it a go! I hope this review helps.

Regards

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Disclaimer

All of my reviews are from my honest and genuine personal opinions and based on my skin condition. Some older posts have no watermark until I understand the necessity to put one. I am not responsible for any opposite feedback of usage and please do seek advice from dermatologists. I bought all the products using my own money and I am not paid nor have anything to do with the brands reviewed unless stated.

It's me

Malaysian lady. I review beauty products and this blog made as a hobby. For reference purpose, I have combination to oily skin and I am living in a hot and humid country, Malaysia. Ignore my grammar and typo. Do email me for just about anything: polkalav@gmail.com