REVIEW: My Scheming Snail Hydra Mask

Hello everyone.

Have you ever heard about the beauty regime involving snail slime? Gross I know. But this regime has been sworn by many beauty junkies with its healing properties of any sort of wound and skin problem. When I first saw the word “snail” on a jar of a night mask at Guardian, I was shocked. I thought, “Maybe the chemical name is after snails?” I never thought they actually use snail slime! I did my readings on this matter and yes, it has been used for quite some time due to its healing properties, targeting on those who concerns on anti-aging. I was so grossed out but I wanted to try it so badly (because it’s weird) so I decided to purchase My Scheming Snail Hydra Mask. This mask is meant for hydration and repairing and its a 2-step mask. It costs me RM3.80 of approximately 1 USD per piece. Here are the photos of it.

My Scheming Snail Hydra Mask

Claims and ingredients

Product

Since it’s a two step mask, you know that there are two parts; Step 1 and Step 2. Step 1 is the mask itself with 30ml of essence and Step 2 is the snail repair cream (13ml). Some 2-step masks have its own strategy to provide better effects – which some of them have its mask step comes after. This is my first time trying out 2-step mask with its mask step comes as first and I was excited!  Here is the photo of both steps unattached (upper part is the Step 2 and the bottom part is Step 1).

Separated

Step 1

Step 1 comes with 30ml of essence which is quite a lot from my opinion. My Scheming is very generous on providing the amount of essence within their masks. The scent of the essence smells like lemongrass but it is not overpowering. It’s kind of soothing for me as I like herbal scent – which indirectly tells me that it’s natural. The essence is colorless with runny consistency – but not as runny as water, yet there is not much of essence left in the packaging because the mask absorbed plenty of it. The mask itself on the other hand is very soft, thin and fits nicely on skin without feeling messy – with the fact that the holes are okay too. It is folded within the packaging and there’s a plastic layer between the mask to ease unfolding. Here are the photos of the ingredients closed up and the masks itself.

Ingredients and directions of use

Plastic layer

The mask (after usage)

Step 2

Upon removal of the mask, Step 2 tags along to be dabbed on face. The scent of the snail repair cream is just about the same as the essence of the mask – lemongrass scent. The cream seems normal to me, with lotion-like consistency and white in color. Since it has provided 13ml of the cream, I think it’s a lot! I tried dabbing on skin but it seems like I can dab it on my hands and neck and legs and it goes on and on. LOL. Here are the photos of it.

Ingredients

Cream

How I use it

I used this mask during my exam week. My skin was upside down during my exam week – clogged pores, blackheads, zits, rough and anything you can think of. I was stressed and often forgot to undergo my weekly mask routine. So I used this mask as a closing for my simple mask routine as I don’t have time for extra leisure. I started off on the evening by cleaning up my face with facial wash and peeling gel. Then I continued by using my organic enzyme mask to further remove dead skin cells and clean up my pores. After washing the mask off, I continued by using this mask for about 45 minutes or until the forehead area is slightly dried up and remove the mask. I continued with Step 2 – the repair cream and because it is so much, I massaged it on my face until everything turns oily. I leave it for an hour or two then I rinse it off as it is so thick, I can’t bear with it.

Effects

Upon removal of the mask, my skin felt so fresh. It feels so hydrated and I love it! With the fact that I didn’t put it in the fridge before usage makes me wonder how did it makes my skin felt colder and tamed. My skin looks clearer – but I cannot say this mask alone helps in clearing up my pores as I did use my enzyme mask pre-usage but it helps a lot in repairing my skin to the least. My zits came with red patches around it that the redness immediately disappeared upon removal of the mask.

The downturn is that I couldn’t see the purpose of the repairing cream. I think it further repairs my skin but it is not significant. The cream is so much and it felt like you’re dabbing on thick layer of lotion on face. I can’t throw it away without using all of them (yes, I don’t prefer wasting) so I decided to use all of it on skin then wash it off when I think the goodness has been absorbed.

My ratings:

Effectiveness: ★★★★☆ (it works! Although I couldn't see the purpose of Step 2)

Packaging: ★★★★☆ (cuteness overload)

Price: ★★★★☆ (for a 2-step mask, it is rather cheap and its worth it)

Long term effect: ★★★☆☆ (as this is just a mask, the results didn't stay long enough but it is acceptable as I am still in my exam week so my skin will turn bad again in no time)

Overall, I do recommend this mask to those with lack of hydration - or in need of something that can tame their skin down. It's not meant to reduce pimples but it helps in relieving my red patches that are hurtful before. I hope this review helps!

Regards

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Disclaimer

All of my reviews are from my honest and genuine personal opinions and based on my skin condition. Some older posts have no watermark until I understand the necessity to put one. I am not responsible for any opposite feedback of usage and please do seek advice from dermatologists. I bought all the products using my own money and I am not paid nor have anything to do with the brands reviewed unless stated.

It's me

Malaysian lady. I review beauty products and this blog made as a hobby. For reference purpose, I have combination to oily skin and I am living in a hot and humid country, Malaysia. Ignore my grammar and typo. Do email me for just about anything: polkalav@gmail.com