REVIEW: My Beauty Diary Apple Polyphenol Mask

Hello everyone.

I procrastinated and this review is supposed to be posted two weeks ago but too many piling products need to be reviewed makes me go super lazy to even switch on my lappy. Well at least I get myself to strictly follow first in first out basis (talk about accounting here LOL) on my posts. One at a time shall we. Anyways, here is another mask review. If you have been reading my posts, I think you will eventually get bored (but please don’t!) on my never ending sheet masks review. I think sheet masks are super cheap for facials at home whilst providing significant result (for some). I’ve read so many rave reviews on this Taiwan made mask so I decided to give it a go. I didn’t purchase the whole box of 10 pieces as I am afraid it might not work on me like I previously experienced of the same brand so I bought a piece of My Beauty Diary Apple Polyphenol Mask which costs me RM3.50 of approximately 1 USD per piece. This mask contains 23ml of essence per piece which is considerably low to compare with other brands. Here are the photos of it. Forgive me for the bad resolution.

My Beauty Diary Apple Polyphenol Mask

Claims (in Taiwanese) and ingredients

Product

This mask is meant to reduce the size of enlarged pores while providing good hydration – which of course leads to balanced sebum secretion. It comes in a simple green packaging and an unclear apple picture on the bottom (which looks like printing gone wrong LOL). Nope, it’s not because of my bad resolution but the apple picture looks like broken pixels or something. Not sure the basic reason why. Anyways, the mask is folded within the packaging and there is this plastic layer (which I forgot to take picture of) between the fold to ease unfolding. Some call the plastic layer – pearl paper. Well, it doesn’t seem to provide better effects aside from eases unfolding.

The essence smelt like apple, or a tropical fruit that is really soothing from my opinion. It’s not overpowering and I like the scent so much. There is not much of essence left in the packaging, but the essence left on the plastic layer after separating it from the sheet mask is enough to dab it on my neck and hands. The holes are okay but the mouth hole is pretty lowered or something that makes my upper lip somewhat covered and I don’t really like it. I was afraid I might accidentally sip in the essence. The eye holes fits me perfectly inclusive of my under eye areas but I have to tear the inner corner of the eyeholes and elongate the cuts on the nose hole to make the mask fits my nose perfectly without trapped bubbles. Here are the photos of it.

The mask after usage

Close up

How I use it

I used this mask as it is without going through my mask routine as I was busy with my finals. I started off by putting the mask in my fridge to chill it up for extra boost on reducing my enlarged pores. I then wash my face, then uses my peeling gel and go ahead removed the mask from my fridge and use it. I leave it for about 45 minutes or until the forehead area of the mask started to dry up. I used this before bed so I decided to leave it overnight.

Effects

I have enlarged pores to start with. Believe me, my pores are visible from a mile away LOL. I tried all sorts of things but I couldn’t manage to solve this problem. I envied those with glowing skin that looks so flawless. Even my mum’s skin is poreless. Pity me. I think it is due to the fact that I’m studying in hectic area with pollutions sucked in as daily requirements. I put high hopes on this mask due to its rave reviews but the results are pretty decent to me. My pores are still visible after removal – which I think it is normal as I didn’t clean up my pores before usage. You can’t tighten up pores when impurities are still stuck within the pores right? So it was my mistake I didn’t took the effort to prepare my skin well before usage. I found out that it does helps hydrating my skin the next day but my sebum secretion is as its normal rate – or I can say, as usual. No change on sebum perspective but it does make my skin pretty smooth.

My ratings:

Effectiveness: ★★☆☆☆ (it is okay for hydration but I think it should had done better)

Packaging: ★★☆☆☆ (I like it when its green but the bad apple print makes me feel like I'm using fake stuff. LOL)

Price: ★★☆☆☆ (cheap but I think I can get better masks with that price)

Long term effect: ★★☆☆☆ (nothing much except for slight hydration and smoothness)

Overall, I do not recommend this if you are planning to reduce your enlarged pores. If your pores are not like mine (and I am too shy to show you guys), I think there are better products out there to cater this problem. But do take note that deep cleansing your pores is very crucial to increase the efficacy of any pore reduction masks. Though, it might be effective for those with slight visible pores that does not need extra boost in closing them up. For its cheap price, I do suggest that you don't expect too much but just as a daily hydration routine will do. I hope this review helps!

Regards

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Disclaimer

All of my reviews are from my honest and genuine personal opinions and based on my skin condition. Some older posts have no watermark until I understand the necessity to put one. I am not responsible for any opposite feedback of usage and please do seek advice from dermatologists. I bought all the products using my own money and I am not paid nor have anything to do with the brands reviewed unless stated.

It's me

Malaysian lady. I review beauty products and this blog made as a hobby. For reference purpose, I have combination to oily skin and I am living in a hot and humid country, Malaysia. Ignore my grammar and typo. Do email me for just about anything: polkalav@gmail.com