REVIEW: Beauty Clinic Mediheal HDP Pore-Stamping Charcoal-Mineral Mask

Hello everyone!

Well, I’m back with another mask review! LOL. And yes, another black cotton mask. So previously I’ve posted a review of the same brand with this one and I am not quite happy with it. I was so keen on reducing my enlarged pores that I’ll just pretty much buy everything that is meant for pores! Turned out, I am at the stage where I started to get pretty bored and gave up searching the best masks to cater my needs. I’ll be purchasing jar masks from now onwards as they are often more effective than sheet masks from my opinion. Back to the review, so I purchased Beauty Clinic Mediheal HDP Pore-Stamping Charcoal-Mineral Mask – which the HDP stands for high definition pixel. And nope, I don’t know what this HDP has to do with this mask. This mask costs me RM10 of approximately 3 USD per piece which is rather expensive for a mask. It contains 25ml of essence that is quite average for a sheet mask. Here are the photos of it.

Beauty Clinic Mediheal HDP Pore-Stamping Charcoal-Mineral Mask

Claims, ingredients and direction of use

Product

I wanted to try this brand so badly because my friend has been raving about it since last year. Talk about total awesomeness (on her behalf).  This mask comes with a plastic black base packaging and is quite neat from my opinion. The mask inside is folded and I found out that on all black masks I’ve tried, not one of them has plastic layer in between folding to ease unfolding for usage despite the fact that it is super soft and the tendency to rip it off is high. The black cotton mask is indeed super soft and the essence is quite well absorbed within the mask that the mask seems soaking wet but less dripping. The cutting of the mask is quite well done, where the holes fit me perfectly – with the fact that it has small cuts on the inner corner of the eye holes so that the mask fits my facial figure perfectly. The sides are not too long nor too short for my huge face. Yeay! The essence in it on the other hand is colorless and it is in serum-like consistency which is rather runny but there’s not too much of essence left in the packaging. Here are the photos of the mask.

The mask after usage

Close up

How I use it

I used this on my weekly mask routine but my mask routine has changed a little bit due to my charcoal mask is out of stock. LOL. So I started off by cleaning up my face with normal cleanser, dry it up then I’ll be using peeling gel to remove dead skin cells. I continued by using my new papaya enzyme mask (I’ll be reviewing it later on) and it helps in removing dead skin cells quite pleasantly. Since the mask is slightly harsh to my skin (it feels like using glycolic peel – one kind of mild acid peeling for skin) that I don’t prefer using my pore packs after using this mask so I’ll just continue my mask routine by putting this black cotton mask on as the closing of my routine. I let it sit for 45 minutes or until the forehead area started to dry up. I used this at night before bed so that I can leave the essence on skin overnight.

Effects

Because of the rave reviews from friends and reviewers, I have super high expectation on this mask. I was hoping for miraculous results like poreless skin or super pretty face etc (yeah like that's gonna happen LOL) but too bad, it doesn’t do much on my skin. I was rather disappointed with it. It does somehow makes my skin feels rather smooth – but I cannot judge better as I am using the enzyme mask as well. My pores didn’t seem to be cleaned well and my skin is not well moisturized too. Still, pores are visible miles away. *Sigh*

Nope, I didn’t see much changes at all and I am very much disappointed with it. Though, I am not sure the results on other people and you might have to try it out to see if it gives you better results. I found out that after two trials of Mediheal’s masks, both masks didn’t do much on my skin. Luckily it didn’t break me out but I won’t repurchase, not even this brand. I think there are tons of sheet masks out there that does better than this – not to mention cheaper.

My ratings:

Effectiveness: ★☆☆☆☆ (too bad it just helps in smoothens up my skin that's all)

Packaging: ★★★★☆ (I bought it because of the nice packaging but don't ever judge the book by its cover)

Price: ★☆☆☆☆ (from my opinion, it is rather expensive with the fact that it doesn't do much to compare to other sheet masks that costs half lower but does wonder)

Long term effect: ☆☆☆☆☆ (nothing much to see I guess)

Overall, I do not recommend this mask if you focus on reducing pores. It doesn't do what it claimed to be and it might turn your sebum upside down the next day. I hope this review helps!

Regards

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Disclaimer

All of my reviews are from my honest and genuine personal opinions and based on my skin condition. Some older posts have no watermark until I understand the necessity to put one. I am not responsible for any opposite feedback of usage and please do seek advice from dermatologists. I bought all the products using my own money and I am not paid nor have anything to do with the brands reviewed unless stated.

It's me

Malaysian lady. I review beauty products and this blog made as a hobby. For reference purpose, I have combination to oily skin and I am living in a hot and humid country, Malaysia. Ignore my grammar and typo. Do email me for just about anything: polkalav@gmail.com