REVIEW: My Scheming Skin Clarifying Astringent Mask

Hi guys!

I’m in the middle of my final exams and I must say that my face and skin turned out so badly. It’s like the accumulation of toxins that makes my skin looks dull and I have breakouts everywhere. There is this one paper – which is super hardcore – that I studied super hard (and smart LOL) on it which is the one caused me my anxiety. I think it’s my first time being so stressed over final exams. I drank 3L of water throughout my final exam week but my skin still turns dry and my lips chapped like crazy – not to mention sore throat. I skipped my mask routine once in awhile because I don’t have time for it but recently I decided to give it a go as my breakouts are horrible. I purchased My Scheming Skin Clarifying Astringent Mask few weeks back from an online store that costs me RM3 per piece of approximately less than 1 USD. This Taiwan based brand have so many ranges of masks that you can turned out confused of what to buy – plus the good news is that you can actually get a mask that specifically targets your unique needs. Here are the photos of it.

My Scheming Skin Clarifying Astringent Mask

Claims, ingredients and direction of use

Close up

Product

This mask is supposed to balance out sebum secretion while deep cleansing the pores to a smoother skin. Because it has the word “astringent” on it, I kinda put high expectation on this mask to tame out my zits. Believe me, my breakouts are so much that it stings and turns red around the zits (like minor swell) every time I wash my face. Astringent is said to be milder than toner to sooth and remove impurities on the skin. This mask is also meant to hydrate the skin and that’s the reason why I purchased it. And it comes with 30ml of essence in it. Nice.

The mask comes with a very cute packaging (and My Scheming has the cutest packaging to compare with other Taiwan mask brands from my opinion). The mask itself is folded inside the packaging and unfolding is easy as it has plastic layer in between the folding. The mask itself is said to be a “silk mask” which it is supposed to be very soft like silk – and thinner than usual cotton masks. The holes fit me nicely and I tore up a little bit at the inner corner of the eye holes so that it fits my nose nicely without air bubbles. I like my mask to stick fully on my skin (yes, I’m a perfectionist. LOL). The edges are okay and it feels like I don’t even wear any mask as the mask is very very thin and it’s almost colorless when it’s still wet with essence. Here are the photos of it.

The mask (after usage)

Close up of mask (after usage)

Plastic layer

I'm sorry for the ugly plastic layer photo as it is so hard to take pictures of it and the plastic layer is still wet when I took this picture that causes the cloth beneath seems wet. When I first pull it out from its packaging, the essence is so much that it drips but the good thing is that this mask absorbs the essence pretty well that not much of essence left inside the packaging – often 30ml of essence leave plenty of essence inside the packaging that you can actually pour it out and dab it throughout your body (which I don’t prefer as I think it’s a waste). The essence is colorless and slightly thicker than water. The scent? I hate it! The scent is not overpowering but it smells like saliva a little bit. At first it didn’t bothers me but after awhile the scent lingers upon application and I can’t stop thinking about saliva. Gross.

How I use it

I used this lazily as I was busy studying so I just wash my face with cleanser, then use peeling gel to remove dead skin cells then I’ll just put this on without applying toner pre-usage. You can see how busy I am with studying as I never take it easy for my mask routine. I actually put this mask in the fridge for like 10 minutes before usage as I really want it to sooth down my zits. It took me around 30 minutes to dry out as it is rather thin and I removed it immediately as I want to continue studying – though I still have time to take pictures of it. LOL.

Effects

The effects? I must say I am quite pleased. I put high expectations but for a cheap mask, what more could we ask for? I never used high-end masks like SK II thus I can’t judge better. Someday I will. But for now, no because I couldn’t afford it. It does cools down my skin to a point that my zits turn less reddish and it eliminates the pain quite well. It didn’t break me out as a plus but it didn’t clean out my pores pretty well as I think I need to use pore packs afterwards to clean it up better – which I didn’t as I don’t have time for it. It didn’t do much on my pore size but it does make my skin pretty smooth and hydrated afterwards. My skin looks rather clear but it’s not significant. On the extent of balancing sebum, I didn't see any difference on this matter. The softness of the mask is superb and it makes me happy using it but yeah, it does what it claims – nothing extraordinary.

My ratings:

Effectiveness: ★★★☆☆ (the results are decent and it does what it claims)

Packaging: ★★★★☆ (super cuteness and I didn't want to use it at first because I don't want to ruin it. LOL)

Price: ★★★☆☆ (its actually very cheap but if you purchase it in a box, you might feel a bit burdened)

Long term effect: ★☆☆☆☆ (I didn't see any changes the next day)

Overall, I do recommend this mask if you want to try a super smooth mask. It somehow does what it claims but you should try it first to see how it goes. Don't expect too much but at least the results are okay. I do suggest that you don't purchase it in a box just yet (I think 10 pieces per box) and try it by piece to see what suits you best. Most pharmacies here in Malaysia sell it by piece. I hope this review helps!

Regards

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Disclaimer

All of my reviews are from my honest and genuine personal opinions and based on my skin condition. Some older posts have no watermark until I understand the necessity to put one. I am not responsible for any opposite feedback of usage and please do seek advice from dermatologists. I bought all the products using my own money and I am not paid nor have anything to do with the brands reviewed unless stated.

It's me

Malaysian lady. I review beauty products and this blog made as a hobby. For reference purpose, I have combination to oily skin and I am living in a hot and humid country, Malaysia. Ignore my grammar and typo. Do email me for just about anything: polkalav@gmail.com