REVIEW: Bio Essence Bird's Nest Nutri-Collagen & Whitening Cream & Sleeping Mask

Hello everyone.

So I reviewed on their cleanser and advancer from my previous post. Today I would like to review on their cream and sleeping mask. I bought these two along in their starter pack which costs me RM17 of approximately 5 USD. The starter pack consists of its cleanser, advancer, cream, sleeping mask and its essence all from the same line. I recently finished the tube, maybe 3 days ago so I still have the bottle with me. So here is the picture of Bio Essence Bird's Nest Nutri-Collagen & Whitening Cream (starter size).

Bio Essence Bird's Nest Nutri-Collagen & Whitening Cream

I didn't took separate pictures for the texture of both the cream and the sleeping mask so I am sorry if it troubles you to keep on referring the picture when I explains on the texture. Here is the picture of the texture (which is my very last drop).

(below) Cream, (above) Sleeping Mask

I actually took the picture side by side because I want you to see the difference in texture and thickness. As you can see, the cream has a lighter texture compared to the sleeping mask. It seems that I spread out the cream but nope, I tried my best to make it as the same thickness as the sleeping mask. Believe me, I tried. LOL. The actual price of the cream is RM56 to RM70 of approximately 20 USD for 50g. Here are the claims I took from their website:

"Provides Bird’s Nest nutrition to protect and nourish for fairer skin. Bird’s Nest Nutri-Collagen & Whitening Cream is enriched with Bird’s Nest Essence, Amino Acid Skin Whitening Complex, Ginseng extract, Angelica extract, amino acids, mineral elements and natural herbal ingredients which penetrate into the skin quickly to instantly nourish and whiten the skin. The cream effectively protects the skin against external environmental aggressors, slowing down the skin’s ageing process.

Benefits:
  • Instant penetration into the skin to effectively nourish to restore the skin’s vitality and elasticity 
  • Amino Acid Skin Whitening Complex reduces and prevents dull and yellowish complexion for fairer, smoother and more radiant skin 
  • Reduces fine lines caused by dehydration and malnutrition to regain the skin’s suppleness 
  • Non-greasy formula, keeps skin nourished all day"

Ingredients: Deionized Water, Lentinus Edodes Extract, Isodedecane, Dimethicone Copolyol, Cyclomethicone and Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Angelica archangelica Root Extract, Lycium barbarum Fruit Extract, Swiftlet Nest Extract, Pomelo (Citrus grandis) Extract, Acrylamide/Ammonium Acrylate Copolymer, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Ginseng (Panax ginseng) Extract, Acetyl Cysteine and Collagen Amino Acids, Methylisothiazolinone, Fragrance

The texture of this cream is very light though it is not runny. It glides on skin smoothly because of its light texture and it smells heavenly. The scent is flowery scent yet soothing and this scent is actually the same scent throughout the whole products within the same range. I do not know specifically if it is the same scent throughout the whole brand because I never used other line of this brand before. The bottle for the starter pack is exactly like the picture, a yellowish plastic bottle with a screw cap. The actual bottle is almost the same concept with the starter pack but the lid is different. They say that the lid has this mirror like surface which is very beautiful but I never looked through this brand ever since I finished the whole thing. Through my experience of using this cream, with the fact that the texture is very light, I didn't expect that it actually feels heavy on my skin. I tried to reduce the amount I used but nothing helps. By an hour or so, my skin started to get too oily including my U-zone area. I have combination to oily skin that my U-zone tends to get dry if not treated well. It is amazing how my U-zone can get oily. LOL. I really hate the super oily feeling and if I couldn't stand it, I will wash my face with water several times. I am not sure if it breaks me out because the advancer and the cleanser did. I will apply this after I dab on my advancer. When my advancer finished, my cream is still more than half full so I continued using it without the advancer since I don't really like the advancer anyways.

I found out that without the advancer, my skin feels lighter and my skin does improve in its glow and radiance. No significant whitening effect seen but I think it is actually much better since. My excess sebum reduced a bit but my skin tends to get oily too after few hours (at least its not after an hour when I used the advancer along). This cream is actually very moisturizing and it is so much suitable on air conditioned room. A week ago I went on vacation and I just used this cream for my day and I didn't experience any dry or flaky skin on my U-zone (also after a lot of swimming and being under the sun) and my skin never felt this good before. I was happy that my skin didn't dry out (which I always experienced when I go for a vacation). It lasts me for more than a month, usage of once a day.

My ratings:

Effectiveness: ★★★☆☆ (it is supposed to be non-greasy etc etc but it's not, only it felt better with the existence of air conditioner, but my skin does glow)

Bottle: ★★★☆☆ (average but I think I will give better rate with the normal size bottle)

Price: ★★☆☆☆ (it is expensive! As a student I couldn't afford it thus I did not repurchase the normal bottle, it is also does not do all of what it claimed)

Long term effect: ★★★☆☆ (I did not repurchase but the whole one month of usage makes me give in an average as it does not do much except increasing my skin's oiliness)

Overall, I do recommend this to those with dry skin or if you have to deal with air conditioner every day. It helps to moisturize the skin well but it does not hydrate skin. Do take note that moisturizing and hydrating is two different measures. As far as my concern, this one gives the moisturizing effect which locks in the sebum to avoid from feeling dry on the surface of the skin. Hydrating is a no because hydrated skin will show a balanced out U-zone and the T-zone. Hydration focuses on the deeper layer of the skin which it locks in water instead (this is only through my experience and explanation I got from several trustworthy people, and I am not a biologist nor a dermatologist). For those with combination to oily skin that does not have to deal with air conditioner everyday, please don't jeopardize your skin as it may cause breakouts and excess sebum secretion. Like sooo excessively.



My next review is on the Bio Essence Bird's Nest Nutri-Collagen & Whitening Sleeping Mask. Here is the starter size photo of it.

Bio Essence Bird's Nest Nutri-Collagen & Whitening Sleeping Mask

Yup, both have the same size and you can actually compare the size with my earphone. I don't know how I actually managed to finish using both for more than a month. Here are the claims I took from Guardian:

"Bird's Nest contains water soluble proteins, carbohydrates, mineral and trace mineral elements, amino acids as well as collagen proteins which effectively nourish the skin for softer, smoother and suppler skin. It is also known as the beauty DNA for Epidermic Growth Factors which directly promote cell division, regeneration and repair.

Product Efficacies:
  • Optimizes the process of skin repair, nourishes, moisturizes and whitens skin while sleeping
  • Enriched with Bird's Nest Essence, Minerals and trace minerals to provide complete nourishment to skin. Notices a delicate, smoother and more radiant skin the next morning.
  • Enhanced with Amino Acid Skin Whitening Complex and Arbutin to effectively whiten skin for a fairer complexion.
  • Rapidly absorbed by the skin, effectively restores the skin's vitality & elasticity.
  • Non-greasy formula, keeps skin nourished and hydrated all night
  • No need to rinse off

Nourish ments are usually consumed at night and now skin can also be nourished at night. Bird's Nest Nutri-Collagen & Whitening Sleeping Mask nourishes skin whole night, for a delicate, fair and radiant complexion.

Why We Have To Take In Nourishments Before Sleep?

When we are resting, our skin cells regenerate and renew themselves. Nutrients are needed by skin cells to stimulate skin cell renewal and enhancing the vitality of newborn skin cells.

Bird's Nest Nutri-Collagen & Whitening Sleeping Mask is enriched with Bird's Nest Essence, Bio-Energy Fluid, Amino Acid Skin Whitening Complex, Arbutin, mineral elements and natural herbal extracts to effectively nourish and whiten skin while you sleep. Wake up to a supple, tender and fairer skin, for a rosy radiant complexion!

Bird's Nest Essence
  • Bird's Nest provides collagen proteins, minerals, trace mineral elements, as well as amino acids which effectively nourish the skin for more delicate, suppler and smoother complexion.

Bio-Energy Fluid
  • Bio-Energy Fluid contains ample mineral elements and trace elements to provide nutrients to the skin for a softer and brighter skin.

Amino Acid Skin Whitening Complex
  • Amino Acid Skin Whitening Complex helps to rejuvenate skin, reduces full dkin tone and improves skin's elasticity for a fairer and brighter complexion.

Arbutin
  • Arbutin gets absorbed rapidly into skin, effectively whitens skin for fairer and radiant complexion."

Ingredients: Water, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Cyclopentasiloxane (and) Dimethicone Crosspolymer Isohexadecane, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Thanakha (Limonia acidissima) Extract, Acrylamide/Ammonium Acrylate Copolymer, Acetyl Cysteine, Collagen Amino Acids, Polyacrylamide, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Laureth-7, Swiftlet Nest Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Fructus tribulus terrestris Extract, Ampelopsis japonica Extract, Perilla frutescens Extract, Ginkgo biloba Extract, Cupric Chloride, Zinc Chloride, Lithium Chloride, Potassium Oxide, Sodium Oxide, Calcium Oxide, Magnesium Oxide, Molybdenum Chloride, Hydroxyethycellulose, EDTA, Fragrance, Arbutin, Methylisothiazolinone

I applied the sleeping mask a bit thicker than the cream as I am going to sleep anyways thus I don't mind the oily feeling on my skin. I will apply this after I applied the essence (which I will review on my next post). As I did previously compared, the texture of this mask is thicker than the cream, which it feels rather gooey when applied on the skin. It gives this thick layer on skin and it does not go away even after an hour or so. This explained by the high quantity of silicone in the ingredients. It is not comfortable and I do prefer the Nutox's night cream with its serum and essence as it absorbs well on my skin. The scent is just like the scent of the cream and the bottle too. The normal size of this mask costs RM56 to RM70 of approximately 20 USD for 60g. The bottle of the normal size looks exactly like the starter size only it is bigger and the lid is gold in color. I do not find any significant difference until I finished the bottle. It was a bit frustrating that my friend recommended this to me and it doesn't give me good results on my skin. I can simply say, apply or no apply, my skin seems the same. Minor wrinkles did not improve but I do find that my skin glows a bit. I will wake up with a super oily skin and after rinsing it, it doesn't give any significant changes except that my skin feels free to breathe from all the thick layer it gave me. It breaks me out once in awhile which I actually get used to since their range caused me breakouts anyways (you can see how am no longer shocked that it breaks me out LOL). I miss the feeling when I wake up in the morning and looks into the mirror to see a more beautiful skin. I didn't get that feeling anymore though. Nothing much to say. It lasts me for more than a month, usage of thick application, once a day.

My ratings: 

Effectiveness: ★★☆☆☆ (their claims are so exaggerating and it does not do what it claimed)

Bottle: ★★★☆☆ (average to both starter size and its normal size)

Price: ★★☆☆☆ (it is expensive, having the same price with the cream but the quantity is more than the cream)

Long term effect: ★★☆☆☆ (I did not repurchase but I can say that, if I skipped this mask, I am happy looking at the mirror the next morning)

Overall, I do not recommend this mask to anyone. I can't judge better if you are sleeping in an air conditioned room (as I don't sleep in air conditioned room) but I think it will help to prevent your skin from drying throughout the night. I can't see any difference in my minor wrinkles and it does not do anything on my skin. I continued using it until it is finished as it does not give dramatic negative effects and I don't want to waste my money. Though it glows my skin a bit.

P/S: To compare between Nutox Oxyfusion line (bird's nest) and Bio Essence Bird's Nest line, I prefer Nutox better on their cream and night cream. Both Nutox and Bio Essence cleanser, toner (or advancer) and essence just don't do much of goodness.

I hope these reviews help!

Regards

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Disclaimer

All of my reviews are from my honest and genuine personal opinions and based on my skin condition. Some older posts have no watermark until I understand the necessity to put one. I am not responsible for any opposite feedback of usage and please do seek advice from dermatologists. I bought all the products using my own money and I am not paid nor have anything to do with the brands reviewed unless stated.

It's me

Malaysian lady. I review beauty products and this blog made as a hobby. For reference purpose, I have combination to oily skin and I am living in a hot and humid country, Malaysia. Ignore my grammar and typo. Do email me for just about anything: polkalav@gmail.com