REVIEW: Meishoku Bigansui Medicated Skin lotion

Hello everyone!

Gosh I abandoned my blog for quite some time that I can't stop telling myself to stop being lazy! Previously I bought this Meishoku Bigansui Medicated Skin Lotion due to my unbalanced sebum secretion and massive zits infestation. I have never heard about this brand before. I was scrolling through skin care products in an online shop and saw this lotion on sale so I decided to read about it. The claims are so promising thus I’ve made quick research on reviews about it. Overall, everybody is happy. Without further ado, I decided to give it a go! It costs me RM40 of approximately 12.50 USD for 80ml. I thought the bottle will be huge (I forgot that it is only 80ml) but turned out it is quite small, around the size of my palm I must say. Here are the photos of it.


Meishoku Bigansui Medicated Skin Lotion

Claims and ingredients in chinese

Back side of the box (in readable prints LOL)

Different angle of the box

Size to compare with my eye drop

Product

Because the claims are in chinese, I took the claim from SaSa webpage:

"MEISHOKU BIGANSUI Medicated Skin Lotion is a medical skin care created in 1885. It is still sharing great popularity among Japanese women nowadays. Its benefits include:

  • It contains Salicylic Acid to condition sebum secretion and remove excessive sebum in pores. The appearance of blemish is therefore prevented. Skin looks refined and smooth.
  • It is an ideal soothing treatment to sunburned skin. Redness and pain are relieved.
  • For men and women. As it works to soothe skin irritated by razor, it could be used as after shave lotion for men.
  • Thread of fragrance brought by Japanese Flower Herb enables a pleasant skin care experience."

Ingredients: Salicylic Acid, Homosulfamine Propylene Glycol, Flavor, Geraniol, Alcohol Denat.

The lotion comes with a see through navy blue glass bottle with dark chocolate plastic screw cap which I find it very luxurious. The bottle is very convenient and I don’t get any spill at all (as I am very clumsy). The scent is herbal medicated kind of smell, but it doesn’t bother me at all as I do like the scent. It feels like I’m actually using a natural product. The consistency of the lotion is water-like, and its even look like on. And yes, it does contains alcohol denat. but it is very minimal as it is listed last in the ingredient list. But again, if you are very sensitive to alcohol, please stay away from it. Here are the photos of the bottle and the openings.


The glass bottle

Backside

Lid

How I use it

After washing my face with cleanser, I dabbed on my toner as usual. I then let my toner dry up before applying this lotion. It feels chilling on skin and feels exactly like aftershave lotion. I dabbed this lotion on a cotton then I applied this only on affected areas (on zits) or areas that I feel the need of disinfecting. I didn't want to apply this all over my skin as I am afraid it might be too strong for my sensitive skin. After it dried up, I applied moisturizer and make up as usual. I used it twice daily after cleansing, and it lasts me of approximately 2 months.

Effects

The effects? It was great! I had never used medicated lotion and I can’t stop loving it. My zits can disappear (yes, disappear!) without leaving any marks for like 2 days after. Often smaller zits will disappear the day after. My infested skin cooled down and I am very happy with my skin. I used pimple lotion before like oxy, clean and clear etc. but it never did very well like this baby does. 

Sometimes, when my skin turns itchy (often due to allergic reaction on creams or cleanser) I dabbed this on the itchy areas and the itchiness will immediately gone. The redness stays but it won’t bring your skin to another worse level once you have allergic reaction. 

Once after I shaved, I couldn’t find anything to use to disinfect my skin. Before the areas even turn itchy, I decided to try this on as aftershave. To my expectation, it helped! The skin area didn’t turn itchy at all as it happens all the time previously regardless if I use shaving cream or not. Aside from that, I often do waxing at night and after I took my bath the next day, I applied this lotion my the waxed area and my irritated skin cooled down and no irritation afterwards.

This lotion is like all-in-one lotion that is a must to have in your wardrobe! Of course, I wanted to repurchase but the online shop I bought at is no longer selling it. I think it is due to the fact that it is not that popular here in Malaysia. I’ll search it at SaSa when I have the time later.

My ratings:

Effectiveness: ★★★★★ (it never turned me down!)

Packaging: ★★★★☆ (luxurious but needs to be extra careful as it is made of glass)

Price: ★★★★☆ (it is a bit pricey but it worth it)

Long term effect: ★★★★★ (I've been using it everyday to keep my zits at bay and it keeps on working and working till the last drop. Love. It.)

Overall, I do highly recommend this lotion if you can find it. Please do let me know if you found it anywhere here in Malaysia. I need it! LOL. But if your skin is very sensitive and you bought it, please do patch test first before usage. I hope this review helps!

Regards

10 comments:

  1. I just saw this in Cutie magazine and wanted to give it a try. Thanks for your review! (cuteshanghai.blogspot)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hello dear, thank you for reading! I hope the product will help you well! xox

      Delete
  2. Hello there! So far, I've seen only the men's version of Bigansui for sales at nattacosme.com. I bought one recently, out of curiosity. I wondered if it works as well as this original version (I have a bottle which I bought through eBay). Just like you said, the original one smells herby while the men's one... I'm not sure if it's supposed to smell like that? I don't know how to describe it though. Somehow, it seems off but I couldn't tell. Anyway, please do let us know if you've tried the men's version too. PS. I find reading your blog really enjoyable. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi dear! Thank you very much for dropping by. Appreciate it greatly!

      Apologies for my delay as I've been super busy with work. It's been awhile since i post any review but thanks to you i will start posting again pretty soon! On the other hand, I've never used the men's version. Apologies if this doesn't help much but I've read somewhere that the original version is much better than the men's version. The smell might differ as well since i believe the ingredients won't be fully the same. Though, to certain extent, i hope there is no imitation for this product! *cross fingers* Did you get any good result using the men's version? Let us know please! Xoxo

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  3. Hi there! Thanks so much for your in-depth review of this product :) it's the only one available in English I can find! I just bought a bottle off this from sasa and was wondering if you followed up with your normal skincare routine after applying this? Or did you just leave it so ther creams/lotions/sunscreen won't interfere with it? Thanks! :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi dear! Thank you very much for reading. Appreciate it greatly! Usually in the morning, I will follow up with my normal skincare routine after applying this product. Shouldn't be any problem. For my skincare before bed, I prefer it to be applied last on my skin. Believe it works better if no other products applied on top of it. Hope this helps! Xoxo

      Delete
  4. Hi! id like to add that this product is the only bha salycilic toner made in japan esp for acne prone skin.ive been here for quite a long time and i had a hard time finding toner just like these because japanese dont use toner and they use skin lotion instead or skin softener.this is a great product and its been here since 1885.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there. Thank you very much for your input. It's been so hard to find this toner nowadays and maybe you could help to enlighten us in where can we get this online? Thank you so much!

      Delete
  5. Hi idk it this post still available but if there's someone who know well about this product i want to ask smth.Can i use Meishoku man use for girl?If u don't understand i'll explain i mean i'm a girl but can j use Meishoku Man use for my face?It's there any effect?

    ReplyDelete

 

Disclaimer

All of my reviews are from my honest and genuine personal opinions and based on my skin condition. Some older posts have no watermark until I understand the necessity to put one. I am not responsible for any opposite feedback of usage and please do seek advice from dermatologists. I bought all the products using my own money and I am not paid nor have anything to do with the brands reviewed unless stated.

It's me

Malaysian lady. I review beauty products and this blog made as a hobby. For reference purpose, I have combination to oily skin and I am living in a hot and humid country, Malaysia. Ignore my grammar and typo. Do email me for just about anything: polkalav@gmail.com