REVIEW: Rohto Hada Labo Super Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizing Face Wash (Gokujyun)

Hello everyone.

Remember from previous post that I decided to not repurchase my Shiseido Perfect Whip Foam. I replaced it with this, Rohto Hada Labo Super Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizing Face Wash which is the Gokujyun version. Well "Gokujyun" is the only word readable on the front of the tube. I actually finished the tube awhile ago thus I threw the tube away before I decided to give a review on this. Sorry for the repeating pictures stealing! Here how it looks like.

Rohto Hada Labo Super Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizing Face Wash

I actually used the face wash only since the line is rather expensive to compare with my Nutox's skincare line. Aside from that, my Nutox's skincare line have not yet finished to replace it with something else. I decided to use this face wash since I've read a lot of good reviews on Hada Labo's Gokujyun line. I wanted to purchase the trial pack for their Gokujyun but I decided not to since I have my Nutox's moisturizers still (which if I do proceed on purchasing, I might ditch my Nutox's skincare line just because I can be too excited for new stuff at times. LOL) I don't want to be greedy thus I tried their face wash first. I bought the smaller size, the 50g size for RM16.90 of approximately 5 USD. Here are the claims:

"Contains advanced skin hydrating ingredient - Super Hyaluronic Acid, with twice the moisture retention capacity of Hyaluronic Acid (1gm of Hyaluronic Acid is able to hold up 6 liters of water). Replenishes essential moisture to visibly improve skin texture and prevent dryness so skin stays soft, hydrated and supple.

  • Hydrates as it cleanses. Helps restore and preserve skin's natural moisture, leaving it silky smooth.
  • Gently cleanses leaving skin comfortably hydrated and refreshed.
  • Skin pH balanced. Low irritation.
  • Free of fragrances, mineral oil, alcohol & colorant."

Ingredients: Water, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Sorbitol, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Sodium Lauroyl Glutamate, Cocamide DEA, Myristic Acid, Gylceryl Stearate, Sodium Chloride, Lauric Acid, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Polyglyceryl-2 Isostearate, Polyquarternium-7, Methylparaben, Sodium Acetylated Hyaluronate, Hydroxypropyltrimonium Hyaluronate

The texture of this cleanser is normal white colored cream cleanser with natural zero-like scent. The scent is kind of like, vaseline I guess? I did not foam up this cleanser as I became so lazy to do so. I simply put 2cm of it on my fingers, run some water on it and just bubble up using my hands. It does not foam up that much this way but it is still so soft on my skin. The tube is actually a simple white opaque tube (but matte white, not shiny) with cap below of it just like normal tube. Out of my expectation, this cleanser actually dries up U-zone during my first use. I compared with my Shiseido Perfect Whip Foam and this one gives me a tight feeling afterwards. But the good thing is that, it does not leave any film on my skin. Its just squeaky clean that I really prefer. I used my charcoal sponge to remove the cleanser from my face before rinsing and my charcoal sponge maintained clean as well. You can refer my post on Shiseido Perfect Whip Foam regarding how my charcoal sponge left with a gooey layer.

A fully hydrated skin will actually contributes in giving your skin the right glow and controls sebum. You just need to get your skin hydrated then all those excess sebum and dryness will go away. What I don't like about this cleanser is that it breaks me out! I tried all kind of ways to love this cleanser and get it right on my skin but I simply can't find any. I tried from foaming it up with foaming net then goes to use lesser amount then goes to use more amount then goes to use charcoal sponge to remove excess chemicals then goes to massage longer on my skin then goes to rinse quite a number of time but nothing works. It still breaks me out and my skin went back to its normal state before I used Shiseido Perfect Whip Foam - super oily T-zone and dry flaky U-zone. I was so frustrated with the result since I know my skin is not hydrated well using this cleanser. Although I don't get any irritation and my skin feels so soft but to deal with messed up sebum by the end of the day is not what I am looking forward to everyday. Luckily I bought the smaller tube so that I can finish it up faster and dump it into my bin.

My ratings:

Effectiveness: ★★☆ (breaks me out, does not stabilize sebum)

Bottle: ★★★★☆ (simple and cute since its my first time using a matte colored tube)

Price: ★★☆☆☆ (expensive and not worth my experience)

Long term effect: ★★★☆☆ (I did not repurchased since I am done having my skin to get excessively oily/dry and I really dislike blemishes. Of course my blackheads and whiteheads appeared too. I finished the tube but my skin never improved since)

Overall, I do not recommend this cleanser to those with combination to oily skin. I am not sure if it works for dry skin. I can't judge further since I didn't use the whole range and I don't want to be blame to lower the good impression gained by this skincare line. Many of the users have problem with their Hada Labo Arbutin Whitening (Shirojyun) not the Gokujyun line, which caused them break out as well but I didn't expect I will be experiencing it on their Gokujyun line. I hope this review helps!

Regards

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Disclaimer

All of my reviews are from my honest and genuine personal opinions and based on my skin condition. Some older posts have no watermark until I understand the necessity to put one. I am not responsible for any opposite feedback of usage and please do seek advice from dermatologists. I bought all the products using my own money and I am not paid nor have anything to do with the brands reviewed unless stated.

It's me

Malaysian lady. I review beauty products and this blog made as a hobby. For reference purpose, I have combination to oily skin and I am living in a hot and humid country, Malaysia. Ignore my grammar and typo. Do email me for just about anything: polkalav@gmail.com