REVIEW: Shiseido Hada Senka Perfect Whip Foam

Hello everyone.

I told you about how my skin turns dry and flaky using Nutox's Radiance Cleansing Gel, and when I decided to discontinue using it right when it is almost a quarter done, I purchased Shiseido Hada Senka Perfect Whip Foam. While I was surfing the internet looking for the best cleanser to reduce my painful flaky skin, I bump into this website (which I really can't remember which blog, sorry!), she - the blogger, listed few must buy asian drugstore products. One of it is this cleanser. She reviewed amazingly that I am officially influenced. So I decided to try it on since it is so affordable. I bought it for RM20 of approximately 7 USD for 120g. I am no longer using this cleanser so I have to use this picture I googled.

Shiseido Hada Senka Perfect Whip Foam

Since I am no longer owning the tube thus I have to use the claims from Nattacosme (a trustable online reseller). Here are the claims:

"Shiseido Perfect Whip Washing Foam washes away makeup and surface dirt while drawing out deep-seated impurities to leave skin pristine clean and radiantly clear. Soft foam cleanser creates a protective cushion, acting as a barrier from skin stress agitation caused by vigorous scrubbing and tugging. This cleanser forms as a soft and rich peak. Acting as a cushion to protect the skin from harsh cleansing motion. Meanwhile, it penetrates into the pores to clean impurities and excess sebum. Skin becomes clean, soft and hydrated. Shiseido Perfect Whip Washing Foam contains hydrating agents, including amino acid, for smoothing and maintaining the natural moisture of the skin."

Ingredients: Water, Potassium Stearate, PEG-8, Potassium Myristate, Glycerin, Potassium Laurate, Dipropylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Butylene Glucol, Glyceryl Stearate Se, Myristic Acid, Lauric Acid, Polyquaternium-7, Beeswax Phytosteryl/Octyldodecyl Lauroyl Glotamate, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance.

Before I started using this cleanser, I have very dry flaky U-zone and very oily T-zone. Its like everything went to the opposite. Sigh much. I was desperately looking for something that can actually balance out my skin again before I look for a better skincare regime. This cleanser is like an SOS cleanser for me. Perfect! The day I bought this cleanser is the day I decided to dump my current cleanser to somewhere hidden, never to touch again. LOL. The first time I use this cleanser, I was a bit blurry on how to make it whip. I wanted to use my Body Wash Ultra Fine Lily Olive Green that I just bought for my bathing usage which looks like this:



I wanted to use this to actually lather the cleanser to a whipped foam but this is just too huge and to use it along with my bathing routine, not hygienic! So I decided to go cheap and here's what I did. I haven't use that lily so I decided to cut a piece, from that wrinkly thing. It does not seem to be catchy on the eye since it looks so...piece from something, but yeah, I used that. I put 2cm of the cleanser on my fingers, run some water on it, put the lily piece on top of the 2cm cleanser and rub rub rub between my hands. Anyways, it still works! So I get a lot of foam on my hands and then I gently massage it on my skin. It felt great like I want to put it in my mouth and munch munch. Felt like cotton candy too. It smells fresh, not something overpowering. The texture of the cleanser before it was whipped is a very thick cream, just like normal cream cleansers, white in color. I didn't expect much because of the cheap price, but here's the catch. My dry flaky skin disappeared right after my first wash! Isn't it amazing? I was so happy for it. Yeay me! It didn't break me out and it is simply amazing to be used along with my other skincare brands (Nutox). It really helps to balance out my sebum and my skin was balanced again. Another yeay me! The tube is a very simple tube, blue colored and there's an opening cap on the bottom. To remove the foam from my skin, I will use a soft charcoal sponge. Although after using a sponge, I will still feel a layer of something on my skin after rinsing. Well lets just say that its not a squeaky clean feeling. I was very happy for a few weeks, or a month? It also removes light make up and makes my skin hydrated and soft.

After a month of usage (with the fact that I actually used my charcoal sponge to remove the foam before rinsing), I found out that my charcoal sponge has this layer of something gooey, like mucus. Gross right? I don't know what it is but it happened since I used this cleanser. I often dip my sponge in Dettol Antiseptic once a week to remove bacteria but this time, the mucus like layer does not budge. It seems like it is absorbed in the pores of my sponge. So what I did was I fold the sponge into half (with the layer facing outwards) and squeeze hard on the fold. What came out is really mucus like. I was shocked. I have no clue what it is. And definitely I know it is caused by this cleanser. I assume its the beeswax in the ingredients? I was afraid that since it absorbs well in my sponge's pores, it may also been absorbed into my pores! Although it does not cause me breakout, but I will never prefer chemical to get into my skin and stay there. Seriously, I tried hard to remove the mucus layer on my sponge and it takes sooooo many squeezing and rinsing to remove most of it. And that is the reason why I discontinued using it after I finished the tube. I am super afraid of long term effect. Too bad I really love this cleanser.

My ratings:

Effectiveness: ★★★★☆ (it is really suitable for any type of skin and improved my bad skin condition)

Bottle: ★★★★★  (simple and cute)

Price: ★★★★☆  (it is really cheap with the fact that it is part of Shiseido and it is effective)

Long term effect: ★★★☆☆ (I used this for a month and I am still getting good results but I am giving it an average since I cannot judge on the long term effect that may be caused by the mucus thingy)

Overall, I do recommend this to those with flaky skin to reduce the flakes and dryness. It really helps! But beware of the mucus layer. Although it may not seem harmful but to my opinion, I cannot risk my face to something even worse. It may or may not be harmful but I decided to become risk averse. I hope this review helps!

Regards

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Dear Kuntet, apologies for the late reply. I am unsure of your origin but I bought mine at Watsons (local well-known drugstore). If you choose to purchase online, I usually bought my beauty stuffs from www.nattacosme.com. They ship worldwide for as low as 5 USD. Also, you can try www.rakuten.com for cheaper shipping rates. Found it there as well! Hope this helps xox

      Delete

 

Disclaimer

All of my reviews are from my honest and genuine personal opinions and based on my skin condition. Some older posts have no watermark until I understand the necessity to put one. I am not responsible for any opposite feedback of usage and please do seek advice from dermatologists. I bought all the products using my own money and I am not paid nor have anything to do with the brands reviewed unless stated.

It's me

Malaysian lady. I review beauty products and this blog made as a hobby. For reference purpose, I have combination to oily skin and I am living in a hot and humid country, Malaysia. Ignore my grammar and typo. Do email me for just about anything: polkalav@gmail.com