REVIEW: My Beauty Diary Platinum + Pearl Lift Stretch Mask

Hello ladies (and gents if possible)!

It’s been awhile and I’m back with another review (yet another mask review). I’ll just finish up my sheet masks and I’ll be starting to vary the products I’ll use for extra variation. Promise! Just came back from my vacation and here it goes! Previously, I bought some random masks online. At first I was planning to purchase this organic jar masks but I wanted to accumulate certain amount on my cart to get free postage (yeah, their trick of giving “free postage” on certain amount of purchase works on me). So one of the masks I purchased was My Beauty Diary Platinum + Pearl Lift Stretch Mask – because weird looking sheet mask rules! LOL. T his mask is a 3D mask, where they have extra part to cover the chin area (specially made for those with double chin like mine). I bought it because I wanted to try out 3D mask that actually works (for lifting effect) as my previous attempts were disastrous. Sigh. My Beauty Diary sheet masks get rave reviews so I thought this mask will work so I gave it a go. I bought one piece of it for RM4.20 of approximately 1.50 USD. Here are the photos of it.

My Beauty Diary Platinum + Pearl Lift Stretch Mask

Ingredients and claims (if you can read taiwanese)

Product

Because it stated its claims in Taiwanese (as this brand is made in Taiwan), and I couldn't find any of this product on its official page, I took the claims at nattacosme:

  1. "Contains skin-brightening pearl extracts and moisture-locking platinum property, deliver the skin-care power of these two marine and mineral element. Clarify and brighten skin with natural fruit ingredients such as lemon, orange, and kiwi, which can first remove layer of dead cells to allow better absorption of pearl and platinum serum later. Makes your skin reveal radiance and whiteness.
  2. Special designed sheet can quickly and completely distribute nutrients to your skin. The 360 degree stretch-lift design also can tighten your cheeks and make it look slimmer.
  3. Suitable for all skin type, especially great for skin that appears fine line and lack of radiance"


This mask comes with 28ml essence which is quite plenty from my opinion in a very cute pink plastic packaging. I was hoping that this mask makes me feel soaked with luxurious essence but turned out it’s the opposite. I was a bit disappointed on how little the essence absorbed into the sheet mask and that it feels like it’s almost dry even on the second I put my hands on it to unfold it – yes, it is folded inside the packaging and there is not plastic layer between the fold like other MBD masks do. I think this is due to the fact that the mask is rather thick as it is supposed to be stretchable. Why stretchable? Because of the holes that needs to be attached around the ear for “lifting” effect. The mask is rather uncomfortable, feels like putting fiber mask or something. The mask itself has this diagonal rectangular pattern that looks like symmetrical kites. I’m not sure the purpose of it but it’s somehow unique. Here are the photos of it.


The mask (red circled areas are the earholes)

Close up for the patterns

I must say, the look of the mask sounds promising. Earholes are to be pulled and tucked on your ears to get the lifting effect (or the “illusion” of getting face lifted? LOL). The essence is closed to scentless (a bit of refreshing scent) and there is no essence left in the packaging despite the fact that the amount of essence provided is quite generous. It feels like 5ml of essence absorbed – not sure where did another 23ml of essence go. LOL.

How I use it

I used this after cleansing my face with mild soap and used peeling gel afterwards to clean up my face for better absorption. I then used my organic enzyme mask to further clean up my pores, rinsed it off and then I'll put this sheet mask on. First, the earholes on the sides of the mask (near eyeholes) are to be tucked before stretching the chin area masks (the lower part of the mask) to tuck the earholes (or the other way around it’s up to you). Truth is, I wanted to use this longer but it dried up so quickly that it seems like I used it for about 10 minutes before it's dried up. I used it at night before bed and leave the essence on throughout the night.

Effects

Truth is I don’t like the mask. I’m not saying I hate it as it does makes my skin looks clearer upon removal but the result is pretty contaminated as I used enzyme mask (which clears up my pores) to judge this sheet mask better. Radiance is a 20% yes (LOL) and whitening effect is a no. It does make my skin feel rather moisturized and hydrated but it is not that significant.

The downturn about this mask is that I didn’t see any significant lifting effect and the result is as if I didn’t even use it. The method of tucking it onto my ears is somehow less relevant as after like 10 minutes of usage my ears hurt and I just can't wait to remove the mask from my ears. Of course, you can choose to ignore the earholes if you can't handle the pain. Just when I thought it couldn’t get any worse is when I broke out the very next day! Few zits visible around my T-zone areas and I will not going to repurchase it.

My ratings:

Effectiveness: ★★☆☆☆ (nothing much, just slight radiance and hydration)

Packaging: ★★★☆☆ (cute and simple)

Price: ★★☆☆☆ (it seems rather cheap but I think I can get better masks with that price)

Long term effect: ★☆☆☆☆ (broke me out next day)

Overall, I do not recommend this mask to those who prefer 3D masks for their mask routine. I think you can add this up in your routine (to accessorize LOL) if you feel like trying one but please do seek other masks if you need better effects. Of course, lifting effects cannot be seen over 10 minutes so the result is pretty acceptable. I hope this review helps!

Regards

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Disclaimer

All of my reviews are from my honest and genuine personal opinions and based on my skin condition. Some older posts have no watermark until I understand the necessity to put one. I am not responsible for any opposite feedback of usage and please do seek advice from dermatologists. I bought all the products using my own money and I am not paid nor have anything to do with the brands reviewed unless stated.

It's me

Malaysian lady. I review beauty products and this blog made as a hobby. For reference purpose, I have combination to oily skin and I am living in a hot and humid country, Malaysia. Ignore my grammar and typo. Do email me for just about anything: polkalav@gmail.com